Post what haplogroups you think i am?

andrewqazx

Reaction score
Ethnic group
(7/16)English, (1/32)Scots-Irish, (1/32)Swiss, (1/8)German, (1/8)Swedish, (1/4)Finnish
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-M223/I2a2a(Sweden)
mtDNA haplogroup
Finland
from the evidence i've given you make an educated guess at what you think my y-dna and mt-dna will be. look at my profile picture as well for some reference of my looks. surname projects wont help either because my Paternal Great Great grandfather changed his name from Johansson to Johnson and as you should know names with son at the end of it change from generation to generation.

Paternal Great Great grandfather: immigrated from Stockholm, Sweden
maternal grandmother: immigrated from Helsinki, Finland

Heres me with my sister and nephew: same mt-dna since we have the same maternal lineage
kei5bq.jpg

heres my paternal grandfather(same ydna) and nephew
23jsxf4.jpg

Me and my sister years ago
2nja6w.jpg

Last edited:
Judging by your picture as a kid - I1; judging by your profile picture - J1

R1b or I1 according to info, and R1b according to pic. (Although no one can really judge by pics / looks anyway thats a tricky thing since looks are a result of much more input rather then just the paternal line) (J1? I dont think so)

I put the picture of my grandfather to compare y-dna 2 generations down(not that good a pic though ill try to find a better one)

J1 was just a joke... in reference to his, let's say, Middle Eastern look in his profile photo :LOL:

i technically could be since there is j in sweden (Scandinavians have beards too)

J1 was just a joke... in reference to his, let's say, Middle Eastern look in his profile photo :LOL:

Ok just excused for the wavy hair then :grin:...........:unsure:.......and the bushy beard?......but that is the fashion in most places now :)

Last edited:
2rpbo0m.jpg
5-10% in Sweden probley closer to 5

35,000 years ago's a long time

i went to a Swedish y-dna project. found most Swedish men with Johansson surnames have lots of i1, r1a, r1b, n, and q with some i2. did not see one j or e. was suprised to find a g not sure if thats right

heres a link if you wanna look yourself: http://dna.scangen.se/index.php?sho...&fodd_sel=&lan_sel=&haplo_sel=&haplospec_sel=

Have a look at this familytree dna (FTdna) project, (3 pages) you will find it interesting too. (pages slow to open https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Sweden/default.aspx?section=yresults I's and R's the most common of course, followed by N's and Q's and followed by smaller amounts of E's J's G's.

who knows what haplogroup i am, for all i know i could be q (so much q in sweden?)

who knows what haplogroup i am, for all i know i could be q (so much q in sweden?)

You would only know when you test :). Probability you would be I or R since they make the biggest chunk. All the others come in smaller percentages but the possibility is there of course.

X ydna ......which is pre NO

Just ordered a 12 marker test from ftdna. Any last guesses before i get the answer?

This thread has been viewed 11578 times.

Back