What ancient civilization would you associate her with?

Mars

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1a2a1a1b3
mtDNA haplogroup
HV
As the title says. Historic or prehistoric civilization/population, it doesn't matter. I won't tell you where she is from, at least not now, to avoid conditioning. Tall woman, around 1.80 m tall.
giulia.jpg
Giulia_Salvi_220708_3.jpg
Giulia_Salvi_HJF_030710-438x500.jpg
bilottas0613.jpg
In the last picture, she shows her natural hair colour (ash blonde/light brown).

I know were she is from :wink:. But if I didn't I would have thought that she is French looking :) not sure what ancient population that would be.

I know were she is from :wink:. But if I didn't I would have thought that she is French looking :) not sure what ancient population that would be.
So, let's say (roughly) a girl from Gaul? "Celtic"
P.S. I know her because my girlfriend loves her look ,hairstyle etc. so I'm a sort of indirect fashion victim :-D

So, let's say (roughly) a girl from Gaul? "Celtic"
P.S. I know her because my girlfriend loves her look ,hairstyle etc. so I'm a sort of indirect fashion victim :-D

I guess she can easily fall in that ancient category, which however is very broad in itself. I do find that many French women (I know that GS is not) have a particular look generally speaking of course. (and not because of make up and hairstyle but general phenotype) I truly cannot explain as good as some members of these forums. GS is a public figure and she keeps herself looking good like most of them. She reminds me a little of Jessika a local singer but again she is not typically Maltese as per looks :)

10009280_616245915135950_318009339_n - Copy.jpg

^The girl you posted could pass easily as a sicilian or a greek, IMHO.

You might be right with bone structure, but normally darker skin, brown eyes and dark hair to accompany it. Like GS she has brown hair naturally

Anyone else?

Slavic or German. The hair and facial angles does it for me. IME, Celtic people tend to be more rounded and more likely to be ginger. Slavs and Germans seem to be more angular and much more blonde.

I honestly don't think any modern people look very much like the really ancient groups, like WHG/EEF etc. if that's what you mean. We're all too mixed for that.

In terms of historic periods, I think she looks like she could be from the Renaissance period from exactly where she was born.

You might be able to find people with a superficial resemblance to her in the British Isles. I don't know about some parts of Poland...maybe the southwestern area? I have a friend whose ancestors were all from Ostrava just over the border in Czechoslovakia who has sort of similar bone structure, but that's one person, and I don't know enough about that part of the world to have a strong opinion. (Also, they were German speakers, so that might make a difference.)

Basically, I think she looks exactly what she is, especially if you look at her in a more casual photograph.

Virgin-Radio-2.jpg

This thread has been viewed 3594 times.

Back