PDA

View Full Version : Are my results normal for a swiss person ?

Unlockin
28-01-15, 18:56
Hello everyone :)

I'm swiss, so are all my known ancestors. My results uptated after phasing with my mother and I wondered if they normal for a swiss person. I'd also be interested in knowing if you think I have ancestors from somewhere else than Switzerland when you look at my results. Of course, just ask if you need more informations :grin:

(My Y-DNA is R1b1b2a1a and my MT-DNA is H10)

Conservative :

1.3% French & German

0.6% British and Irish

25.3% Broadly Northern European

0.8% Broadly Southern European

69.3% Broadly European

2.7% Unassigned

Standard :

9.9% French and German

2.6% British & Irish

40.7& Broadly Northern European

1.6% Italian

0.1% Balkan

5.1% Broadly Southern European

39.3% Broadly European

0.1% North African

<0.1% Broadly North African & Middle Eastern

Speculative :

40.9% French & German

13.7% British & Irish

21.4% Broadly Northern European

6.4% Italian

2.9% Iberian

0.6% Balkan

6.4% Broadly Southern European

0.5% Eastern European

7.0% Broadly European

0.2% North African

0.1% Unassigned

(sorry it's not very clean but I can't post pictures before 10 posts)

Thank you very much for your answers :)

Maleth
28-01-15, 21:04
I never seen a categorization like that before. It looks rather complicated and sometimes contradictory. I presume there are no surprises in your results and very much in line with what one would expect. Probably these are autosomal results which go back 5 generations back and beyond. You can join some groups (and have a go at gedmatch if its possible.) to check out if you match anyone so you will have a better indication weather you might have relatives that come from other countries. I just joined now but they have some problems at the moment so the raw data is till being analyized. Welcome to the forum.

Wilhelm
28-01-15, 21:10
You should upload your raw data to Gedmatch.com and run the admxiture tools there. It's free and more informative than 23andme, which is very unspecific.

Unlockin
28-01-15, 22:09
Well thank you for your answers and for welcoming me to the forum :) I'll see if I have matches that can provide more informations. And I ran the gedmatch calculators but I don't really know how to interpret all the results

mihaitzateo
28-01-15, 22:41
Hello everyone :)

I'm swiss, so are all my known ancestors. My results uptated after phasing with my mother and I wondered if they normal for a swiss person. I'd also be interested in knowing if you think I have ancestors from somewhere else than Switzerland when you look at my results. Of course, just ask if you need more informations :grin:

(My Y-DNA is R1b1b2a1a and my MT-DNA is H10)

Conservative :

1.3% French & German

0.6% British and Irish

25.3% Broadly Northern European

0.8% Broadly Southern European

69.3% Broadly European

2.7% Unassigned

Standard :

9.9% French and German

2.6% British & Irish

40.7& Broadly Northern European

1.6% Italian

0.1% Balkan

5.1% Broadly Southern European

39.3% Broadly European

0.1% North African

<0.1% Broadly North African & Middle Eastern

Speculative :

40.9% French & German

13.7% British & Irish

21.4% Broadly Northern European

6.4% Italian

2.9% Iberian

0.6% Balkan

6.4% Broadly Southern European

0.5% Eastern European

7.0% Broadly European

0.2% North African

0.1% Unassigned

(sorry it's not very clean but I can't post pictures before 10 posts)

Thank you very much for your answers :)

From your results I think you are from the German speaking ethnics from Switzerland.
I guess you know the history of your country,that is called Confederatio Helvetica and Helveti were a Celtic tribe,so it seems were a lot of Celts in Switzerland and Germans came over and mixed.
So the results are very normal.

Wilhelm
28-01-15, 22:48
Well thank you for your answers and for welcoming me to the forum :) I'll see if I have matches that can provide more informations. And I ran the gedmatch calculators but I don't really know how to interpret all the results
Show us your results, i'm curious. Normally a Swiss person would be close to either French or Austrian/South German, depending on what kind of swiss. Are you german speaker ?

Unlockin
28-01-15, 23:02
From your results I think you are from the German speaking ethnics from Switzerland.
I guess you know the history of your country,that is called Confederatio Helvetica and Helveti were a Celtic tribe,so it seems were a lot of Celts in Switzerland and Germans came over and mixed.
So the results are very normal.

Well, very well done ! I'm predominantely swiss-german !

Show us your results, i'm curious. Normally a Swiss person would be close to either French or Austrian/South German, depending on what kind of swiss. Are you german speaker ?

Yeah sure, what results from what calculators do you want me to show you ? :) And no I speak french because I was born in a french-speaking canton but I'm mostly swiss-german from origin

Despite my ancestors, I cluster with the French in the gedmatch single population sharing of nearly all calculators

mr_y82
28-03-16, 16:55
Thanks to this thread I found GEDmatch... that is about all I got done yesterday! Thanks guys!

Hello Unlockin, I am paternally descended from Amish immigrants who were Swiss Anabaptist in the Old Country... My last name, Yutzy, or Jutzi in German, is a typical Amish name... My family were German speaking until a couple generations ago. I am haplogroup subclade R1b1b2a1a2s* (on 23&me), so it seems we might be relatively closely related? PM me and I can share my email address and we can share 23&me results. Here are my speculative results for ancestry... If you would like to see others, or compare any from GEDmatch, just let me know. I am happy to upload!

99.8% European
Northwestern European
French & German 52.3%
British & Irish 16.4% (not from the Amish branch!)
Scandinavian 2.4%
Broadly Northwestern European 20.4%
Southern European
Iberian 1.5%
Italian 0.2% (so not a Roman U152!)
Broadly Southern European 2.9%
Eastern European 0.2% (GEDmatch tended to show a little more here...) I seemed to match the Hungarian archaic samples and Stuttgart the most, and the Russian specimens to a lesser degree.)
Broadly European 3.4%
Middle Eastern & North African 0.2%
North African 0.2%

Foxhall
01-08-16, 15:04
I think your results are very typical of a Swiss or Central European person