Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
Karmin et al. paints a similar scenario to the one described above.

"we observe an early split in our haplogroup F data that separates haplogroup G from HT-M578. However intersecting our data with Malaysian Chr Y sequence data (Wong et al. 2013) reveals a split in haplogroup F that predates the G/HT split by one mutation, F1329 (Figure S13). This finding is in accordance with the two Lahu F2-M427 individuals reported in Poznik et al. (2013) as having an ancestral allele of M578. In combination with the presence of deep branches of K in Southeast Asia, this further strengthens the model proposing that the initial radiation of the non-African Chr Y lineages may have taken place somewhere in Southeast Asia ... Only 24 mutational events distinguish the progression of two major non-African founder haplogroups F to K (Figure S13). Similarly small number of differences separate haplogroups LT, NO, S and P from their MRCA in haplogroup K (Figure S28), consistent with the suggestion of Karafet et al. 2014 (Karafet et al. 2014) that the initial diversification of Eurasian and Oceanian founder haplogroups was a rapid process limited to a few thousand years overall. We estimate that a peak of the coalescent events of the oldest non-African haplogroups falls into a time window of 47-52 kya"
http://genome.cshlp.org/content/supp...ental_Text.pdf

The data I've seen so far suggests K was in Africa. I've seen no proof that T was a back migration.

Karmin et al. paints a similar scenario to the one described above.

"we observe an early split in our haplogroup F data that separates haplogroup G from HT-M578. However intersecting our data with Malaysian Chr Y sequence data (Wong et al. 2013) reveals a split in haplogroup F that predates the G/HT split by one mutation, F1329 (Figure S13). This finding is in accordance with the two Lahu F2-M427 individuals reported in Poznik et al. (2013) as having an ancestral allele of M578. In combination with the presence of deep branches of K in Southeast Asia, this further strengthens the model proposing that the initial radiation of the non-African Chr Y lineages may have taken place somewhere in Southeast Asia ... Only 24 mutational events distinguish the progression of two major non-African founder haplogroups F to K (Figure S13). Similarly small number of differences separate haplogroups LT, NO, S and P from their MRCA in haplogroup K (Figure S28), consistent with the suggestion of Karafet et al. 2014 (Karafet et al. 2014) that the initial diversification of Eurasian and Oceanian founder haplogroups was a rapid process limited to a few thousand years overall. We estimate that a peak of the coalescent events of the oldest non-African haplogroups falls into a time window of 47-52 kya"
http://genome.cshlp.org/content/supp...ental_Text.pdf

can you also provide a link to the figures?

the initial radiation of the non-African Chr Y lineages may have taken place somewhere in Southeast Asia
I don't think so.
the Y DNA of the Usht-Ishim Y DNA
https://genetiker.wordpress.com/y-snp-calls-for-ust-ishim/ which was pré-X (NO)
and archeological data (IUP in Siberia)
https://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=...=XL7JcbMWgxlGBfN8VXPC3A&bvm=bv.80642063,d.d24
indicate a migration of X and NO across the Hindu Kush to the Altai mountains and hence a split of N and O toward northern and southern Mongolia

so to you, every marker except G, H , I and J are from Africa?
G, H, I, J are all from Africa in the model I propose, same for P Q R which would have left slightly later and be pushed farther east to find land to settle, with T being one of the final migrations with part of T staying behind.

G, H, I, J are all from Africa in the model I propose, same for P Q R which would have left slightly later and be pushed farther east to find land to settle, with T being one of the final migrations with part of T staying behind.

Do you have proff of Native African clans possessing haplotype H, G and Q, if so could you please provide a source. That would be interesting

Haplogroups do tend to leave a rough trail, I like to call this the slime effect

Every male who does not have an A or B haplogroup Y-chromosome has a "back to Africa" migrant ancestor.

A and B stayed home.

C left.

E came back and conquered a large chunk of Africa.

Eurasian haplogroups came in, left children behind but didn't leave sizable populations outside of North Africa.

This thread has been viewed 7476 times.

Back