Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
Last edited:
at first glance, it seems to me this whole article is about mtDNA in Sahul and ISEA but not Y DNA

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2164/16/70

Background

Distinct, partly competing, “waves” have been proposed to explain human migration in(to) today’s Island Southeast Asia and Australia based on genetic (and other) evidence. The paucity of high quality and high resolution data has impeded insights so far. In this study, one of the first in a forensic environment, we used the Ion Torrent Personal Genome Machine (PGM) for generating complete mitogenome sequences via stand-alone massively parallel sequencing and describe a standard data validation practice.
Results

In this first representative investigation on the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) variation of East Timor (Timor-Leste) population including >300 individuals, we put special emphasis on the reconstruction of the initial settlement, in particular on the previously poorly resolved haplogroup P1, an indigenous lineage of the Southwest Pacific region. Our results suggest a colonization of southern Sahul (Australia) >37 kya, limited subsequent exchange, and a parallel incubation of initial settlers in northern Sahul (New Guinea) followed by westward migrations <28 kya.

Was there some part of the phrase "mitochondrial DNA" that you didn't quite grasp?

Was there some part of the phrase "mitochondrial DNA" that you didn't quite grasp?

your are correct, I placed it in a hurry, it should have been the Monika Karmin paper.......thanks ............anyway fixed

I will make a new topic about this. "P haplogroup - The father of YDN Q and R groups"

This thread has been viewed 3952 times.

Back