Auld Reekie

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-Celto-Germanic
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-S17721 (U-106)
mtDNA haplogroup
X2j
Any thoughts on the paper that appeared in Nature on the People of the British Isles posted by [FONT=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif]Dienekes'? I haven't read the paper myself. Some people say it's a victory for Stephen Oppenheimer. I've read Origin's of the British and couldn't digest it, especially because of his denial of linguistic studies. I feel that two schools of thought between migrationist and anti-migrationist are in full struggle, with all of us caught in the middle. [/FONT]

Any thoughts on the paper that appeared in Nature on the People of the British Isles posted by Dienekes'? I haven't read the paper myself. Some people say it's a victory for Stephen Oppenheimer. I've read Origin's of the British and couldn't digest it, especially because of his denial of linguistic studies. I feel that two schools of thought between migrationist and anti-migrationist are in full struggle, with all of us caught in the middle.

We already have a thread on the subject. See here:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/31001-Fine-Scale-Population-Structure-in-the-British-Population

This thread has been viewed 3172 times.

Back