Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2a1b2a1a2*- I-A7358
mtDNA haplogroup
T1a1b
New here.

Just received my final dna test results yesterday for Y. All of my relatives are from present day SE Poland and NE Ukraine so far.

I2a2 'Dinaric-N' is my designation in the I2a project.

I have followed my family tree back to my great great grandparents in Poland and great grandparents in Ukraine.

I'm here to learn and discover my tribe.

Welcome to Eupedia singingfalls.

Greetings singingfalls!

I am sorry to say that this forum absolutely can't decide where your subclade originated from; there are several topics about it and its movements across Europe.

But at least I have some examples of I2a-Din-N in my "Searching for famous I2 carriers" thread.

Hope to hear more from you!

Checked out your project. Great task. I'll keep my eyes open for any additions.

This is a most interesting subclade. My great grandparents on both sides appear to have come from a region of Poland/Ukraine within a couple of hundred miles of each other. Considering the Hitler and Stalin purges, the vast majority of political and academic elite were exterminated. There was a great immigration to the USA just prior to that of which I am a product. They saw it coming and sent their children away. My grandmother came here in 1911 at the age of 16, all by herself, not knowing a word of English. What was great grandfather Jan Kyć seeing that compelled him to send her away with $25 in hand? She is great.

I am excited to learn as much as I can concerning I2a-Din-N. I just sent off for the S17250 SNP test to see if I can't refine my position in the clade. For the record AncestryDNA has me 99+% Eastern European and FTDNA at 96% Eastern European.

Ouch! Just got sucked into the genetic genealogy vortex and took the plunge for the Big-Y. I really appreciate open source citizen science.

Thanks for the warm welcome sparkey.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 4442 times.

Back