Could Frank Zappa's haplogroup be J2 ?

individual1st

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2a
mtDNA haplogroup
H
Could Frank Zappa's haplogroup be J2 ?
his father, Francis Vincent Zappa, was an immigrant from Partinico, Sicily, with Greek and Arab ancestry.

Test his son Dweezil Zappa xD
By the way Frank Zappa's father probably was born in USA because the sources say that the grandmother of Frank Zappa is half Greek and half Lebanese.

Is there really a question?

sheik-yerbouti-close-blog.jpg

He is not part Lebanese nor Greek. He was basically doing the whole "I am a Phoenician, I am an ancient Greek, I am part Norman, etc." thing some Sicilians say when discussing all of the elements that have contributed to Sicilian people and culture. Ariana Grande does the same thing. His family is entirely Sicilian on both sides, and any mention of anything else is the same as it would be for anyone else.

I sometimes call myself a Phoenician but I am not saying I am Lebanese.. it's because part of my family is from Palermo and it was founded by Phoenicians. I know I am Sicilian/Italian American though.

But he could very well be J2. It is common in southern Italy.

He is not part Lebanese nor Greek. He was basically doing the whole "I am a Phoenician, I am an ancient Greek, I am part Norman, etc." thing some Sicilians say when discussing all of the elements that have contributed to Sicilian people and culture. Ariana Grande does the same thing. His family is entirely Sicilian on both sides, and any mention of anything else is the same as it would be for anyone else.

I sometimes call myself a Phoenician but I am not saying I am Lebanese.. it's because part of my family is from Palermo and it was founded by Phoenicians. I know I am Sicilian/Italian American though.

But he could very well be J2. It is common in southern Italy.

American Sicilians might do that Sicilian thing, but you won't find too many Sicilians who actually live in Sicily doing it.

I mean seriously, they barely learn anything about their own history at school.

This thread has been viewed 13895 times.

Back