Ancestrydna Caucasus Dna in Italy/Greece natives

Twilight

Reaction score
Ethnic group
15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c7a
Hello there, I'm quite curious. I noticed on Ancestrydna that 47% of Italy/Greek natives have the Caucasus Admixure while only 10% of the Caucasus natives have Italy/Greek DNA, I was wondering why that is.

Was there a mass migration into the Mediteranian from the Caucasus Region sometime in history besides the Maykop Culture?

Was there a mass migration into the Mediteranian from the Caucasus Region sometime in history besides the Maykop Culture?
You got it. :)

My bad, thanks :p

Hello there, I'm quite curious. I noticed on Ancestrydna that 47% of Italy/Greek natives have the Caucasus Admixure while only 10% of the Caucasus natives have Italy/Greek DNA, I was wondering why that is.

Caucasians are basically Neolitich farmers mixed with North Asian hunther gatherers.

They share the Neolitich Levantine component with Southern and South Eastern Europeans, but of course Caucasians have a lot more and cluster with Northern Middle Easterners like Iranians, Assyrians and Kurds.

This thread has been viewed 6992 times.

Back