PDA

View Full Version : Ancestrydna Caucasus Dna in Italy/Greece natives

Twilight
25-03-15, 07:53
Hello there, I'm quite curious. I noticed on Ancestrydna that 47% of Italy/Greek natives have the Caucasus Admixure while only 10% of the Caucasus natives have Italy/Greek DNA, I was wondering why that is.

Was there a mass migration into the Mediteranian from the Caucasus Region sometime in history besides the Maykop Culture?

LeBrok
25-03-15, 08:29
Was there a mass migration into the Mediteranian from the Caucasus Region sometime in history besides the Maykop Culture?

You got it. :)

Twilight
12-04-15, 00:16
My bad, thanks :P

joeyc
12-04-15, 11:45
Hello there, I'm quite curious. I noticed on Ancestrydna that 47% of Italy/Greek natives have the Caucasus Admixure while only 10% of the Caucasus natives have Italy/Greek DNA, I was wondering why that is.

Caucasians are basically Neolitich farmers mixed with North Asian hunther gatherers.

They share the Neolitich Levantine component with Southern and South Eastern Europeans, but of course Caucasians have a lot more and cluster with Northern Middle Easterners like Iranians, Assyrians and Kurds.