Politics Who would you vote for in the 2015 UK general election?

sparkey

Great Adventurer
Reaction score
Ethnic group
3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
mtDNA haplogroup
U4a (Cornish)
Regardless of whether or not you actually live in the UK, and if you do live in the UK, regardless of where you live: Which party would you vote for if every party appeared on your ballot? I'm curious because I follow international elections, but I can rarely decide which party to hope for in the UK.

Elections use a secret ballot system why not apply it to this poll too? :)

Elections use a secret ballot system why not apply it to this poll too? :)

To encourage people to talk about who they like best.

You're not worried about what we'd think of your choice, are you? :grin:

To encourage people to talk about who they like best.

You're not worried about what we'd think of your choice, are you? :grin:

It's a matter of principle! :p

Haha, well, my choice is pretty obvious, and I am long beyond worrying about what others might think about it :)

Anyhow I am not fond of modern democracy with its elections where money and populism reign supreme..

Haha, well, my choice is pretty obvious, and I am long beyond worrying about what others might think about it :)

Is it? Maybe I haven't been reading your posts enough. I remember one where you describe yourself as a "Libertarian Non-Interventionist Nativist Traditionalist." So... maybe UKIP?

Is it? Maybe I haven't been reading your posts enough. I remember one where you describe yourself as a "Libertarian Non-Interventionist Nativist Traditionalist." So... maybe UKIP?

UKIP Indeed :)

I could also consider Plaid Cymru and Sinn Féin, but they are bit too on the left for my taste..

I found this cool quiz to match you to a UK party: https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

I got:
74 Conservatives
74 UKIP
70 Labour
69 Green
69 Sinn Fein
66 Liberal Democrats
64 SNP
64 Plaid Cymru
46 DUP
16 BNP

That basically confirms my suspicion that I don't closely match any UK party, and that the only ones I'm particularly far from are the far-right parties like the BNP. I'm surprised that I'm closer to Labour than to the Lib Dems, though.

The quiz also tells you where voters live who vote most like you do. I got St. Ives, Cornwall. Must be the Cornish in me!

I found this cool quiz to match you to a UK party: https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

I got:
74 Conservatives
74 UKIP
70 Labour
69 Green
69 Sinn Fein
66 Liberal Democrats
64 SNP
64 Plaid Cymru
46 DUP
16 BNP

That basically confirms my suspicion that I don't closely match any UK party, and that the only ones I'm particularly far from are the far-right parties like the BNP. I'm surprised that I'm closer to Labour than to the Lib Dems, though.

The quiz also tells you where voters live who vote most like you do. I got St. Ives, Cornwall. Must be the Cornish in me!

Cool quiz :)

UKIP 97% (As expected)
Conservatives 89%
BNP 87%
Libdem 81%
Labour 70% (we've got the same:))

This thread has been viewed 6429 times.

Back