Geno 2.0 Human Migration routes according to Geno Project

Thanks. This map isn't very correct, though. For example intermixing with Neanderthals took place in Asia, not in Europe. East Asians today have slightly more of Neanderthal DNA than Caucasoids. The oldest prehistoric remains of a Neanderthal-admixed man are those of Ust'-Ishim man who lived 45,000 years ago in Siberia (link): http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2014/10/high-coverage-genome-from-45000-year.html

Thanks. This map isn't very correct, though. For example intermixing with Neanderthals took place in Asia, not in Europe. East Asians today have slightly more of Neanderthal DNA than Caucasoids. The oldest prehistoric remains of a Neanderthal-admixed man are those of Ust'-Ishim man who lived 45,000 years ago in Siberia (link): http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2014/10/high-coverage-genome-from-45000-year.html

You are welcome. I am no expert in the subject. If not mistaken it has taken place in both places. Otzi had a higher percentage of Neandertal mixture then the general population has today (which i think is around 1 or 2 %. If you click on the arrow going right from the middle east there is an explanation of also Neandertal admixture into Asia.

You are welcome. I am no expert in the subject. If not mistaken it has taken place in both places. Otzi had a higher percentage of Neandertal mixture then the general population has today (which i think is around 1 or 2 %. If you click on the arrow going right from the middle east there is an explanation of also Neandertal admixture into Asia.

That's my understanding as well...first in the Middle East, and then some other introgression of archaic genetic material took place in Asia.

Middle East is part of Asia as well.

Intermixing could take place more than once, but rather not too many times. After all, we only have a few % of Neanderthal DNA.

If you click on the arrow going right from the middle east there is an explanation of also Neandertal admixture into Asia.

I didn't click that arrow, my bad!

The reason we have so little archaic admixture left is because of what they call "purifying selection". We had another thread about it here. I'll see if I can find it and then I'll post a link here.

This thread has been viewed 5802 times.

Back