Any Good news?

Maleth

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
EV13 A7136 y18675G+
mtDNA haplogroup
H
All the news channels seem to highlight the bad news (compared to any good news they might highlight), not only announcing it but spend much of the coverage on analyzing and discussing it. Once the bad news is not happening anymore no one hears about it not because its not worth discussing anymore but because its not so bad anymore. Best thing is to prey on the next bad news item and scrutinize it to bits as if that is the only thing that is happening around the globe. Very often negative verbage is used with continuous very negative affirmations.

Are there any positive stories happening your way or came across that you would like to share and brighten the world a little?

I find this site very interesting.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/news/world/

Well, the news for the last few days has been all about a new round of rioting, burned cars and homes and stores, and injured police because of another death of a Black American man in police custody. So, it was nice to see these pictures:

281E507E00000578-3059967-image-a-1_1430266975370.jpg

cleanup_BALTIMORE.jpg

All the news channels seem to highlight the bad news (compared to any good news they might highlight), not only announcing it but spend much of the coverage on analyzing and discussing it. Once the bad news is not happening anymore no one hears about it not because its not worth discussing anymore but because its not so bad anymore. Best thing is to prey on the next bad news item and scrutinize it to bits as if that is the only thing that is happening around the globe. Very often negative verbage is used with continuous very negative affirmations.

Are there any positive stories happening your way or came across that you would like to share and brighten the world a little?

I find this site very interesting.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/news/world/

Unfortunately the media mostly report bad news. Why is it so would require a comprehensive analysis and the simplest is to say due to the nature of the media and human nature. Bad news sell better?

But I think that people who are optimistic prefer good news. Reputation for website, congratulations on this finding.

Unfortunately the media mostly report bad news. Why is it so would require a comprehensive analysis and the simplest is to say due to the nature of the media and human nature. Bad news sell better?

But I think that people who are optimistic prefer good news. Reputation for website, congratulations on this finding.

Thanks Garrick, Hopefully I would (and everybody else) will be able to post anything which is positive (even in other languages with maybe a small explanation). It would eliveate some of the doom and gloom we get exposed to on an every day bases :). I agree that adrenaline flows faster with a bad news item rather then the good stuff.

Liberia declared Ebola free. Ebola has been in headlines new for a good number of weeks for a long period of time. It hasn't been easy but while many thousands of people did sadly succumb to the pandemic, it could have had a much worse outcome if it wasnt for the intervention and inputs of so many organisations in a joint effort to bring it under control. At least the good news managed to get a couple of minutes coverage on main stream media

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32671520

Liberia declared Ebola free. Ebola has been in headlines new for a good number of weeks for a long period of time. It hasn't been easy but while many thousands of people did sadly succumb to the pandemic, it could have had a much worse outcome if it wasnt for the intervention and inputs of so many organisations in a joint effort to bring it under control. At least the good news managed to get a couple of minutes coverage on main stream media

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32671520
What a different scenario than in movie Outbreak! But who would watch Hollywood movie when only thousands died and not billions?
It is so uplifting when world moves together to solves a big problem.

What a different scenario than in movie Outbreak! But who would watch Hollywood movie when only thousands died and not billions?
It is so uplifting when world moves together to solves a big problem.

Indeed. I also got the impression that the media tried to also give it a Hollywood effect, as it gets better its hardly news worthy :)

This thread has been viewed 7103 times.

Back