Fire Haired14

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b DF27*
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2a2b1
BA%20Village2_lge.jpg

No paper has been published, but all 101 Ancient Eurasian Genomes are available. We won't know what era and location each genome comes from until the paper is published. Emails have been sent to Felix, and others will probably analysis them.

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/data/view/PRJEB9021

Here are the eras and locations samples may be coming from according to Davidski.

- Late Neolithic, Bronze and Iron Age remains from Germany, Poland and/or Scandinavia
- Copper, Bronze and Iron Age remains from Bulgaria
- Bronze and/or Iron Age remains from Hungary
- Sintashta from Kazakhstan
- Maikop from Russia
- Yamnaya from Russia
- Afanasevo from Russia

Use this link to find when the paper is published.

http://www.nature.com/nature/research/biological-sciences.html

Abstract
The Bronze Age (BA) of Eurasia (c. 3,000-1,000 years BC, 3-1 ka BC) was a period of major cultural changes. Earlier hunter-gathering and farming cultures in Europe and Asia were replaced by cultures associated with completely new perceptions and technologies inspired by early urban civilization. It remains debated if these cultural shifts simply represented the circulation of ideas or resulted from large-scale human migrations, potentially also facilitating the spread of Indo-European languages and certain phenotypic traits. To investigate this and the role of BA in the formation of Eurasian genetic structure, we used new methodological improvements to sequence low coverage genomes from 101 ancient humans (19 > 1X average depth) covering 3 ka BC to 600 AD from across Eurasia.

We show that around 3 ka BC, Central and Northern Europe and Central Asia receive genetic input through people related to the Yamnaya Culture from the Pontic-Caspian Steppe, resulting in the formation of the Corded Ware Culture in Europe and the Afanasievo Culture in Central Asia. A thousand years later, genetic input from North-Central Europe into Central Asia gives rise to the Sintashta and Andronovo Cultures. During the late BA and Iron Age, the European-derived populations in Asia are gradually replaced by multi-ethnic cultures, of which some relate to contemporary Asian groups, while others share recent ancestry with Native Americans.

Our findings are consistent with the hypothesised spread of Indo-European languages during early BA and reveal that major parts of the demographic structure of present-day Eurasian populations were shaped during this period. We also demonstrate that light skin pigmentation in Europeans was already present at high frequency during the BA, contrary to lactose tolerance, indicating a more recent onset of positive selection in the latter than previously believed.

We know exactly which era and place genomes come from.
The very first one is Corded Ware Estonia.
Sample accession - attributes.

Kudos to Scandinavs for their social democratic approach!

Awesome. Thanks. I'm surprised one is from Estonia, that's in your neighborhood. Maybe it'll be high in WHG. The main ancestors of Balts though could have arrived later from further south.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm surprised one is from Estonia, that's in your neighborhood. Maybe it'll be high in WHG. The main ancestors of Balts though could have arrived later from further south.
We will know today.

would be interesting to know who these maykop people were
i guess they are different from yamnaya people

I don't see attributes as an option.

Never mind arvistro I got it now.

"A thousand years later, genetic input from North-Central Europe into Central Asia gives rise to the Sintashta and Andronovo Cultures. During the late BA and Iron Age, the European-derived populations in Asia are gradually replaced by multi-ethnic cultures, of which some relate to contemporary Asian groups, while others share recent ancestry with Native Americans."

I'll wait to see the paper, but I think this confirms what "Alan" on Anthrogenica (and others) were saying almost two years ago, which is that the route to the east didn't go directly from Yamnaya or even from nearby areas of eastern Europe, at least not for all of the migrations, but occurred later and with a slightly (or more than slightly) different group genetically.

Can't wait to see the results. Should be interesting.

Samples I didn't know where going to be in this study....

>Remedello culture from Italy. The oldest is from 2908-2578 BC and the youngest is from 2134-1773 BC. SOme are male, so we'll get Y DNA.
>Late Bronze age Montenegro.

The rest are Armenian, a shit load of samples from Russia ranging Yamnya-Iron age, Corded Ware, Bell Beaker, Unetice, LN/BA Scandinavia, LN/BA Hungary. Stuff we've mostly already seen or have a good idea what the results will be.

The Remedello in Italy were chosen because they're suppose to be the earliest IEs of Italy, who gave rise to Italics(got that from Wikipedia), etc. I would rather have Pre-IE DNA from deep in Italy. A good guess is the males will turn out R1b-U152.

I don't have access to text, but found the following quote:
Using D-statistics,
we find that Corded Ware and Yamnaya individuals form a clade to
the exclusion of Bronze Age Armenians (Extended Data Table 1)
showing that the genetic ‘Caucasus component’ present in Bronze
Age Europe has a steppe origin rather than a southern Caucasus
origin.
Earlier studies have shown that southern Europeans received
substantial gene flow from Neolithic farmers during the Neolithic9
Despite being slightly later, we find that the Copper Age Remedello
culture in Italy does not have the ‘Caucasian’ genetic component and
is still clustering genetically with Neolithic farmers (Fig. 2; Extended
Data Fig. 1 and Supplementary Fig. 6). Hence this region was either
unaffected by the Yamnaya expansion or the Remedello pre-dates
such an expansion into southern Europe. The ‘Caucasian’ component
is clearly present during Late Bronze Age in Montenegro (Fig. 2b).
The close affinity we observe between peoples of Corded Ware and
Sintashta cultures (Extended Data Fig. 2a) suggests similar genetic
sources of the two, which contrasts with previous hypotheses placing
the origin of Sintastha in Asia or the Middle East28
. Although we
cannot formally test whether the Sintashta derives directly from an
eastward migration of Corded Ware peoples or if they share common
ancestry with an earlier steppe population, the presence of European
Neolithic farmer ancestry in both the Corded Ware and the Sintashta,
combined with the absence of Neolithic farmer ancestry in the earlier
Yamnaya, would suggest the former being more probable (Fig. 2b and
Extended Data Table 1).

I added Y DNA frequencies from Fig. 6. Note, It is possible some males didn't find their Y DNA haplogroup.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CIg__h0X8iGBGprX46hKEZGfG6bZhLlZToZSjw1lSns/edit?usp=sharing

Uniparental markers, from same article:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v522/n7555/images/nature14507-sf6.jpg
I2a + R1b in Yamna, with mtdna U4, U5, T1 (or T2 I cant differentiate this color).
Bronze age Italy - I2 and I2a
I1 and I1a show up in Scandinavia bronze age.
Armenia R1b + E1b.

I2a + R1b is logical, and for Italy I2 and I2a, also for Scandinavia I1 and I1a.

For Armenia R1b + E1b is logical too. I supposed this result when linked IE Proto Languages in Caucasus, but I had no evidence. Thanks a lot for this, reputation.

And today Armenians have significant R1b ht35 (Armenian haplotype).

Can someone make a map of all this please? You can share it for other sites too. I'm tired of looking up the location of random Russian villages.

What the hell is Bahu? Bronze age...Hungary?

This thread has been viewed 175521 times.

Back