PDA

View Full Version : Lacking of thinking in Free World.

Rethel
17-06-15, 19:38
Lacking of thinking among
so called free-world-people.

I'm always amaizing by this fact :smile:
Mostly they are claiming, that they are free and
open minded without any dogmatic influence... :laughing:

Just two examples:

1) Some jurnalist and
2) one EU-she-commisar (or something like that)

http://emotikona.pl/emotikony/pic/2smiech.gif

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjmiyOgO66g

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlSZlAmBG8

Angela
17-06-15, 20:08
I have no idea what this has to do with "freedom of speech". Everybody got a chance to have their say. In the exchange with Putin, that was a question. Addressing it by laughing just makes Putin look like a buffoon, just like all those pictures of him without his shirt on, if I may say so, or Berlusconi with all his plastic surgery. People who are this self-deluded and silly should not be leaders of modern nation states, but that's just my take on it. One I didn't vote for, and one isn't voted for in any meaningless way.

If you mean that people in a totalitarian state, subject to constant propaganda, blocked from access to news and opinions from other parts of the world, and fed ridiculous nationalistic myths to take their minds off the ruinous economic and social conditions that are the product of the policies of their "rulers" somehow have more valid world views than people from the democratic countries, that couldn't be more wrong headed.

Just generally, my take-away from listening to most people talk about anything at all is that most people are incapable of rational thought and substitute emotion and the distortions caused by their various agendas.

In terms of "equality", civilized, democratic societies should strive for equality of "opportunity", not equality of "result". Each individual human being comes equipped with his or her own unique array of talents. Those talents and those talents alone should determine whether they get a certain job. So, firefighters should meet certain reasonable physical requirements. If women can meet them, fine. If not, they shouldn't get in. It's very simple really. Oh, some effort should be made, of course, to make sure that all people have the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to compete in the modern world.

Rethel
17-06-15, 20:28
I have no idea what this has to do with "freedom of speech".

OMG :petrified:
It wasn't about freedom of speech! :rolleyes2:

Everybody got a chance to have their say. In the exchange with Putin, that was a question. Addressing it by laughing just makes Putin look like a buffoon, just like all those pictures of him without his shirt on, if I may say so, or Berlusconi with all his plastic surgery. People who are this self-deluded and silly should not be leaders of modern nation states, but that's just my take on it. One I didn't vote for, and one isn't voted for in any meaningless way.

If you mean that people in a totalitarian state, subject to constant propaganda, blocked from access to news and opinions from other parts of the world, and fed ridiculous nationalistic myths to take their minds off the ruinous economic and social conditions that are the product of the policies of their "rulers" somehow have more valid world views than people from the democratic countries, that couldn't be more wrong headed.

Just generally, my take-away from listening to most people talk about anything at all is that most people are incapable of rational thought and substitute emotion and the distortions caused by their various agendas.

In terms of "equality", civilized, democratic societies should strive for equality of "opportunity", not equality of "result". Each individual human being comes equipped with his or her own unique array of talents. Those talents and those talents alone should determine whether they get a certain job. So, firefighters should meet certain reasonable physical requirements. If women can meet them, fine. If not, they shouldn't get in. It's very simple really. Oh, some effort should be made, of course, to make sure that all people have the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to compete in the modern world.

No comment. :thinking:

p.s. I didn't expect, that thesis, so quckily became a body...
p.s.2. "Free world" this is a term creating by Lebrok some time ago.

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2011/10/facepalm.jpg

LeBrok
17-06-15, 22:27
Should I just lock it, to keep his stupidity and arrogance exposed forever, or should we delete it?

Angela
17-06-15, 22:50
Should I just lock it, to keep his stupidity and arrogance exposed forever, or should we delete it?

I'd say lock it, but I'm fine either way.

What I'm not fine with is taking the time and trouble to provide links to data and papers which are never read, and if read are not understood. In fact, I'm getting tired of reading and responding to rambling, incomprehensible, content-less and logic less posts. It's like an outbreak of the flu around here lately, and I'm tired of providing the chicken soup, and I'm sure you are too. I'm just not going to do as much of it. So there!:laughing: