John Doe

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Ashkenazi Jewish
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-PF1975
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a9
Had a 67 markers that got back today, I'm most likely E-L117, what does that stand for? Is it a subclade of V-13 or M34? Where is it most common?

Had a 67 markers that got back today, I'm most likely E-L117, what does that stand for? Is it a subclade of V-13 or M34? Where is it most common?

Well done for having done the tests. Its annoying when that happens and probably your final haplogroup is not confirmed. However you are more likely to fall under the Balkan Marker E-V13 group. However this group also exist within Jewish groups as a minority (Generally speaking).

Check this out. https://www.familytreedna.com/public/E-V13?iframe=yresults

you can now start joining groups and check your matches (most probably more with E-V13)

Well done for having done the tests. Its annoying when that happens and probably your final haplogroup is not confirmed. However you are more likely to fall under the Balkan Marker E-V13 group. However this group also exist within Jewish groups as a minority (Generally speaking).

Check this out. https://www.familytreedna.com/public/E-V13?iframe=yresults
Thanks, I used haplozone and it seems I fall under Jewish cluster Z830 Cluster A (formerly E1b1b1 Cluster C), however I'm not sure where and when it originated.

Thanks, I used haplozone and it seems I fall under Jewish cluster Z830 Cluster A (formerly E1b1b1 Cluster C), however I'm not sure where and when it originated.

Did you log in your FTDNA page and checked the ydna matches there? what do they say? I am E-V13 confirmed and my first closest matches are E-L117 Germany at 0, France and Italy at 1 genetic distance

E-L117 is the same as E-M35.1, so it's just plain E1b1b1. The deep subclade hasn't been determined. I recommend that you join the FTDNA E1b1b1 project. The admins will probably be able to determine your subclade with your 67 markers data. If your paternal line is Jewish, you are probably E-M34 under E-M123.

The many who has E-L117 in the Ftdna north-italy project and claim jewish, state it is sephatic

E-L117 is the same as E-M35.1, so it's just plain E1b1b1. The deep subclade hasn't been determined. I recommend that you join the FTDNA E1b1b1 project. The admins will probably be able to determine your subclade with your 67 markers data. If your paternal line is Jewish, you are probably E-M34 under E-M123.
I asked the admin of the E3b project and she predicted that I'm E-Z830-A, which is a Jewish cluster and a subclade of Z827.

interesting info on E-L117 marker

http://dna-explained.com/2015/07/07/zeroes-aka-deletions-null-dna-markers/

In some cases, almost everyone in a particular group has a zero at that location. In the case of marker 425, the value of 0 is almost universally found in haplogroup E-L117, downstream of E-M35, as you can see in the Jewish haplogroup E project.

This thread has been viewed 9376 times.

Back