In what does iberia set apart from other countries in europe?

suebiking

Reaction score
I saw in a genetics post or in a forum that iberians from the peoples of europe are the furthest away from the others.
Is this true in fst distances and if yes why is it like that, I mean what may have caused that.
Is it maybe about more continuity from ancient times and less indo-european input than other countries.
What do you guys think?

I saw in a genetics post or in a forum that iberians from the peoples of europe are the furthest away from the others.
Is this true in fst distances and if yes why is it like that, I mean what may have caused that.
Is it maybe about more continuity from ancient times and less indo-european input than other countries.
What do you guys think?

Spaniards are closest to other Western Europeans in Fst genetic distances, specially to the French (0.001), while more distant from the Europeans to the East (specially the Finns, 0.011 - 0.017)

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetc...ri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0005472.s003

in a "distance map" from BritainDNA (spots for individuals) Spanyards show a mean dispersion like other big countries and overlapped slightly with French people (more southern) and Northern Italians; they are far too from Eastern Mediterranea people, far even from Sicilians and Southern Italians; they seem less outside (apart) than Sardinian and even Basques, themselves far from Eastern Mediterranea people; if it could be of some worth...
&: I trust in the respective positions of these populations on the map, but for true distances...?

This thread has been viewed 4677 times.

Back