What do you think should be the destiny of the Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas?

What should be the destiny of the Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas?

• Status quo/No change

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Full integration with the UK/EU

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Argentinian sovereignty

• Full independence

• Integration into another country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RobertColumbia

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Scots Appalachian ("Hillbilly")
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-M222 (NW Irish)
mtDNA haplogroup
H1bi
It has been over 30 years since the Falklands War, and though nobody is shooting now, sabers continue to be rattled on both sides.

What do you think should happen to the Falklands, and, if you are willing to explain, why?

Very hot potato. Wouldn't touch it. It is like politics, can't predict who will win nor what the future holds.

People had spoken through referendum, didn't they?

Status quo for a very long time. That's what the Falkland Islanders want, and the UK is willing to enforce what they want.

My vote goes to Argentine.

It has been over 30 years since the Falklands War, and though nobody is shooting now, sabers continue to be rattled on both sides.

What do you think should happen to the Falklands, and, if you are willing to explain, why?

It seems that there is no Argentinians in this forum.

I believe that the government of Argentina would deny that there is any military gesture from their part. According to them, the Malivanas/Falklands is an issue about Decolonisation. However, there are like 2 Argentines living there, and more than a thousend people that want to remain under British rule. Given that, I don't believe that there will be any change in the forseeable future.

Still, the issue of the Malvinas is very much present, and an important part of Argentinean nationalism. I do not critizise that, it may even be healthy to them, as a source of Patriotism.

Argentineans respect very much the British character, and they rivalry in that issue, is not really poisonous.

Full integration with the UK/EU.

The population is fully British, and the islands were uninhabited before colonization.

So nobody has more rights to it.

Full integration with the UK/EU.

The population is fully British, and the islands were uninhabited before colonization.

So nobody has more rights to it.

:petrified::petrified::petrified:

Read history my friend

British discovered the islands in 1690, but Colonisation of Island became nearly same date with French-British-Spanish and the French was the first one. Britishs left the island nearly 60 years

This thread has been viewed 6142 times.

Back