HYGILI4K

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian and Iberian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-BY3449
mtDNA haplogroup
H1e1a
I'd like to know if there are Dna (Y or Mt) studies from Italy that collected samples from the province of Rovigo. My male line is from there (Grignano Polesine) and I would be pleased to know more about the ancient peoples that lived there. Could anyone supply me with info about this province of Italy? Any info would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

I'd like to know if there are Dna (Y or Mt) studies from Italy that collected samples from the province of Rovigo. My male line is from there (Grignano Polesine) and I would be pleased to know more about the ancient peoples that lived there. Could anyone supply me with info about this province of Italy? Any info would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

In ancient bronze times there was the euganei there, then the Venetic people replaced them who bordered the etruscans in modern Romanga, then the Etruscans where replaced by the gallic-celts from 500BC then after ~ 200BC the romans arrived.

so the Polesine of Rovigo was only Euganei and then Venetic from what I can tell.

Thank you very much for the info, Angela and Sile.

In ancient bronze times there was the euganei there, then the Venetic people replaced them who bordered the etruscans in modern Romanga, then the Etruscans where replaced by the gallic-celts from 500BC then after ~ 200BC the romans arrived.

so the Polesine of Rovigo was only Euganei and then Venetic from what I can tell.

So Sile, would you mind sharing what you know about the Euganei and Venetic Y DNA?

And on this study that Angela showed, are the people from Vicenza close related to the people from Rovigo (same origins)?

Thank you again folks.

Thank you very much for the info, Angela and Sile.

So Sile, would you mind sharing what you know about the Euganei and Venetic Y DNA?

And on this study that Angela showed, are the people from Vicenza close related to the people from Rovigo (same origins)?

Thank you again folks.

In regards to ancient DNA markers, for the Euganei and Venetic I have no information.

This thread has been viewed 5332 times.

Back