Reaction score
Ethnic group
Dutch / French
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a l497 s10458
mtDNA haplogroup
H1n
mtDNA, Y DNA results in Spreadsheet.

One of the Medival Saltovo-Mayaki individuals had mtDNA I4a and Y DNA R1a1a1b2a2. There's a over 3,00 year old Karasuk individual who had mtDNA I4a1 and Y DNA R1a1a1b. Out of about 1,000 ancient samples, that Karasuk guy is the only one with I4a1. Out of about 8,000 modern samples I4a1 pops up in: Spain, Italy, Sweden(high frequency, prob. founder effect), Russia, Greece, and Ireland. In all except Sweden, I4a1 is represented by only one sample.

For Sarmations: 2/2 Y DNA J1 I'm guessing points to West Asia. The mtDNA H1c points to Europe. I don't know much about subclades of K1a, but I think if K1a3 would point to West Asia but I'm not sure.
For Alans: R1a1a1b2a2-Z95 and G2a looks like mixed West Asian/Sintashta. I don't have high coverage X or W data. My only example of W1c from modern samples 8,000 is from Italy.
Saltovo-Mayaki: G, J2a, R1a1a1b2a2-Z95 mixed West Asian/Sintashta. I4a I think if anything points to Sintashta and D4m2 to Siberia.

In all ages it looks they were have mixed West Asian/European lineages. Would this make sense archaeology and history wise?

The two aDNA marked Sarmatians are J1. Age: 2nd - 3rd century AD.
They are from Beslan, North Ossetia.

it seems to me a complicated situation in the Caucuasus was exported to the Pontic Steppe

Sarmats, Alan, Saltovo-Mayaki, did they speak an Indo-European language?

is there a map with location of the sampled DNA's?

it seems to me a complicated situation in the Caucuasus was exported to the Pontic Steppe

Sarmats, Alan, Saltovo-Mayaki, did they speak an Indo-European language?

is there a map with location of the sampled DNA's?
Iranic folks in the Steppes mostly spoke East Iranic dialects.

Nice! This is a prove for me that Iranic folks evolved from Mitanni, Kassites and other ancient proto-Iranics related to the Sumerians. One part went straight to Northern Caucasus and became known as Sarmatians. Second part went to BMAC first and became known as Eastern Iranic tribes. Later on some of those Eastern Iranic tribes (Parthians, Sogdians, Bactrians, Saka, Scythians) migrated out of BMAC into the Steppes.

But the URHEIMAT of the Iranic people is eventually Northwest Iranian Plateau (Zagros/Kurdistan).

Last edited:
Iranid People (Aryans) who stayed in their own homeland (URHEIMAT) became known as the Medes (Umman Manda). The Medes remained the purest (Iranoid) of all Iranic tribes, because they didn't mixed much with Mongoloid & Europoid folks in the Steppes. Of all modern populations Kurds are the closest people to the ancient Iranid folks. Kurds are descendants of the mighty Medes. Like Kurds, the Medes were NorthWest Iranid folks. Also, Kurdish language is the closest language to the ancient Iranic (language of the ancient Iranid people). It has still that ancient Iranic ergativity construction, most archaic ...

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 5873 times.

Back