A modern but European view on race and class in Europe

eurouser

Reaction score
I think Europe needs to stop copying the US terms of "White or Black".

In Europe there is lot of racism inbetween ethnic groups which doesn't happen in the US, so the term White isn't useful for Europeans. Europe also has larger concentrations of Asians than the US does, who tend to be as segregated as Europeans are. (Are Turks European or Arab? A Pakistanis South Asian or Iranian? Are Urghyurs Chinese or Middle Eastern? Are Indians part of Middle Eastern or East Asian culture? Are Numbians Arab or Black? and so on...)

In Europe, class is the main issue, not race. It doesn't make sense in Europe to talk about white-black or race relations when class is the major factor in Europe's social issues. (What is seen as a black riot in the US would be seen as a "lower class" riot in Europe, even if it's mainly fueled by blacks (London, Paris, Stockholm, etc).)

I think Europe needs to stop copying the US terms of "White or Black".

In Europe there is lot of racism inbetween ethnic groups which doesn't happen in the US, so the term White isn't useful for Europeans. Europe also has larger concentrations of Asians than the US does, who tend to be as segregated as Europeans are. (Are Turks European or Arab? A Pakistanis South Asian or Iranian? Are Urghyurs Chinese or Middle Eastern? Are Indians part of Middle Eastern or East Asian culture? Are Numbians Arab or Black? and so on...)

In Europe, class is the main issue, not race. It doesn't make sense in Europe to talk about white-black or race relations when class is the major factor in Europe's social issues. (What is seen as a black riot in the US would be seen as a "lower class" riot in Europe, even if it's mainly fueled by blacks (London, Paris, Stockholm, etc).)

I really hope that is not a stereotype? We have abolished the phrase "Black" as a connotation and replaced it with African American decades ago. We've even gone so far as take down public images of the confederate flag. Any racism that happens in Europe is their business, not ours.

There will always be racism around, but us Americans strive our best for everyone to be equal brethren via trial and error. I really hope our past errors don't escalate across the Atlantic.

Do you have any sources for such segregation?

There is no difference. People have the color they have. Government can make you name it in public whatever they want, like:
white = skincolor1
yellow= skincolor2
etc...

but that doesn't change the reality, and won't make a black person think he's your close relative just because you share first 9 letters in the official label.

Sometimes, I think, that the first man who had a white body in Europe and Asia was maybe only the Neandertal and we got the colour from him.

Eventually, he lived very long time in a cold area with a lot of snow and most of his body was wrapped under a kind of clothing and it was to cold for walking whithout it.

There is no difference. People have the color they have. Government can make you name it in public whatever they want, like:
white = skincolor1
yellow= skincolor2
etc...

but that doesn't change the reality, and won't make a black person think he's your close relative just because you share first 9 letters in the official label.

Agree with your point of view!
Talking about race in open forums is hard. So many agitators will find an excuse to label one racist without regard to free speech. There are many factors when one talks about race. Of course all races have similarities since we have a common ancestor Adam and Eve. But then the governments go and tell the people that the differences among races are cosmetic. They tend to simplify the evolution. They say that evolution affected only the skin color. What about if the evolution went further than cosmetic?
Europe has to respect all the races as the creation of god, but I don't think any government has the legitimacy to force their ideas about race.

Agree with your point of view!
Talking about race in open forums is hard. So many agitators will find an excuse to label one racist without regard to free speech. There are many factors when one talks about race. Of course all races have similarities since we have a common ancestor Adam and Eve. But then the governments go and tell the people that the differences among races are cosmetic. They tend to simplify the evolution. They say that evolution affected only the skin color. What about if the evolution went further than cosmetic?
Europe has to respect all the races as the creation of god, but I don't think any government has the legitimacy to force their ideas about race.

South-East Asians, certain Arabs and South Indians both have quite dark skin color, so obviously the idea that evolution only affected skin color is wrong.

You have a point about not defining races and being more open about it. In France they refuse to collect statistics on race or ethnicity, and I think they might be better of for it because they've overcome racism and are mainly left with classism or religious conflict (which will always exist as long as opposing religions exist).

South-East Asians, certain Arabs and South Indians both have quite dark skin color, so obviously the idea that evolution only affected skin color is wrong.

You have a point about not defining races and being more open about it. In France they refuse to collect statistics on race or ethnicity, and I think they might be better of for it because they've overcome racism and are mainly left with classism or religious conflict (which will always exist as long as opposing religions exist).

Try going into "black" department in the US or France prison, explaining that you are as poor as they are :)

This thread has been viewed 4009 times.

Back