health data 23andMe

ProfKathyB

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Caucasion
I put my raw data through Promethease & got some "GoodNews" then looked at the "BadNews" section & it seemed to contain much of the same risk factors for various conditions. So does the Good and Bad average out to make me "Average?" I'm not a geneticist and I wish it was easier to figure out.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it. A lot of the "risk" is based on opinions of those who can benefit. For example if you are a surgeon and you can persuade others that they should have "prophylactic surgery", double mastectomies and the like then you can make a lot of money treating people who are healthy or should I say hacking people who are healthy.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it. A lot of the "risk" is based on opinions of those who can benefit. For example if you are a surgeon and you can persuade others that they should have "prophylactic surgery", double mastectomies and the like then you can make a lot of money treating people who are healthy or should I say hacking people who are healthy.
And how 23andMe makes money on "hacking" their clients, if they don't supply any medical treatment?
All information is statistical based on personal DNA and their database of hundred thousand of people who filled medical surveys.

This thread has been viewed 5299 times.

Back