Ancient Y DNA from Sudan

Fire Haired14

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b DF27*
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2a2b1
I just found a thesis which includes ancient Y DNA results from Sudan at "Ethno Helix" Blog. The thesis is from July 2009. It includes lots of mtDNA/Y DNA from modern Sudan and a few Y DNA results from ancient Sudan. The ancient Y DNA was tested for A1b1b2b-M13, B-M60, DE-YAP, and F-M89.

Here are the results.
Neolithic
Kadruka=5: A1b1b2b-M13=3, DE-YAP=2.

Around 0 AD
Meroitic=4: DE-YAP=4.
Post-Meroitic=3: DE-YAP=2, A1b1b2b-M13=1.
Christian=7: DE-YAP=3, F-M89=2, ??(xM13, YAP)=2.

I couldn't find any dates given for the samples. I don't know much about African Y DNA yet. The results that they gave for modern Sudan show most have A1b1b2b-M13 and DE-YAP(specifically E1b-M78). A 4500 year old man from Ethopia was also found to have E1b1.

I tend to think E originated in Africa and came to the Middle East as E1b1b1-M35. The diversity is much greater there than in Eurasia. D being exclusively Eurasian isn't good enough evidence DE or E originated in Eurasia. Y DNA J and R1b are the result of Middle Eastern-related admixture in East Africa not E1b. It's quite obvious E1b1b1-M35 is native to East Africa. If not orignally native to East Africa, it certainly wasn't included in the movements that brought J, R1b, etc.

Imo E1b is Eurasian and the original Haplogroup of Sudanese is A1b1.

E1b appears just Neolithic exactly at the same time other Eurasian Haplogroups such as F start to appear. I think E1b was somekind of Eurafrican Haplogroup widespred in the territory of East Africa and Arabia/Levant.

Imo E1b is Eurasian and the original Haplogroup of Sudanese is A1b1.

E1b appears just Neolithic exactly at the same time other Eurasian Haplogroups such as F start to appear. I think E1b was somekind of Eurafrican Haplogroup widespred in the territory of East Africa and Arabia/Levant.

A1b1 and DE coexisted in Neolithic Sudan, like today.

This thread has been viewed 5041 times.

Back