Do You Buy "E" Books and Music?

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
I only buy paper copies of reference like materials. I just find it so much easier to go back to certain sections or find the relevant data. I also buy CDs and download to my own computer. Some of them are rare, and I want to make sure I own them. I do download fiction books, although I resisted it for a long time. I love the feel of a book beneath my fingers. (Yes, LeBroc, conservative again!)

This guy thinks it might not be such a good idea to download from these companies.

http://bighominid.blogspot.de/2016/03/you-own-nothing-electronically-speaking.html

I only buy paper copies of reference like materials. I just find it so much easier to go back to certain sections or find the relevant data. I also buy CDs and download to my own computer. Some of them are rare, and I want to make sure I own them. I do download fiction books, although I resisted it for a long time. I love the feel of a book beneath my fingers. (Yes, LeBroc, conservative again!)

This guy thinks it might not be such a good idea to download from these companies.

http://bighominid.blogspot.de/2016/03/you-own-nothing-electronically-speaking.html

Not so much if you're willing, perhaps even are excited, to try new things, to see if they work for you.

I copied all my CDs long time ago into my computer. I only buy music from ITune these days. All my music is in my computer, my phone and up on a cloud. Impossible to lose. Unlike conservative critics of technology and dystopians predicted, music and other digital records are much safer inside computers, devices and networks. It took a moment of development but we are here with beautiful and friendly technology. In contrast, I lost countless songs on tapes and CDs due to damage or being lost.

I also transfered all my family video movies from tapes to the computer. I'm paying 100 dollars a year for 2 Terabyte cloud storage where backups of my movies exist, together with full backup of my computer and my phone. Beauty of it is that I can access my movies or photos anytime and anyplace around the globe on my phone or any computer. I could torment every person I meet on this planet with my family movies at will, lol, but I'm not abusing this great technology and others, satisfied just with a thought and possibility.

Now I'm in a process of scanning old pictures, paper based pictures, and organizing on my computer and cloud, whenever time allows. Well, there are so many of them and it is time consuming thing that it might take me next 20 years to finish it, lol. I might do a great shortcut and scan only the best ones. Who will ever want to see all of them anymore?

I buy ebooks now than hard copy because I can read it on any devices. In addition, I can zoom the text to make it easy for me to read. However, I copied CD in my computer when it comes to music. I just back-up all my copied in my cloud storage.

This thread has been viewed 2558 times.

Back