PDA

View Full Version : mtDNA H2a1

Inal
19-03-16, 19:34
Hello,

My mitochondrial DNA haplogroup is H2a1. I am originally from the Northwest Caucasus, from the Circassian sub-branch of Kebertei (Cabardians) despite I have never lived in Russia.

I would really appreciate if you could help me find out more about mtDNA H2a1 and its origin.

Thank you

Inal
20-03-16, 15:06
There is already a thread about my mtDNA subclade H2a1, but it would be great to learn more.

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/29415-Were-mtDNA-H2a1-I-R1a-and-W-the-haplogroups-of-the-Maykop-culture

earch
06-03-17, 05:35
I my mother is Polish on the maternal side. National Geographic says our haplogroup is most common in Southern Norway and Sweden. Also in Russia. It appears at a high frequency in Saudi Arabia, maybe because of migrations from north to south.

raspberry
07-03-17, 20:41
It appears at a high frequency in Saudi Arabia, maybe because of migrations from north to south.
The haplogroup H evolved in West Asia (the Near East, on the Arabian Peninsula), so no it was not a "migration from north to south", rather a migration from South to North. But yes, this clade (H2a) is the most common of maternal haplogroup H in Saudi Arabia. It peaks in central Arabia with ~10+%.