AliShirwan

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Kurd
Y-DNA haplogroup
J1-M267
mtDNA haplogroup
T1a2b
How would you know if your T1 is Indo-European?

Once it is discovered in Yamnaya we will know. It could be related to Neolithic Farmer expansion. Probably Late Neolithic.

Once it is discovered in Yamnaya we will know. It could be related to Neolithic Farmer expansion. Probably Late Neolithic.
Is it correct to say there is no one of determining it without knowing my subslcades? Since T1 was found in Andronovo aswell.

Is it correct to say there is no one of determining it without knowing my subslcades? Since T1 was found in Andronovo aswell.
Andronovo was Bronze Age, right?

How would you know if your T1 is Indo-European?

T1a1 likely expanded with Bronze age migrations out of Russia/Ukraine. We don't know if those people were Indo Europeans, it's just a theory. There's many differnt types of T1 besides T1a1. You might not have T1a1.

Edit: T1a has been found in every single Indo European-associated Bronze age culture. All tested for T1a1 are positive.

I just noticed that your mtDNA is T1. I was referring to YDNA. I'm not very familiar with mt T1. Sorry for confusion.

I just noticed that your mtDNA is T1. I was referring to YDNA. I'm not very familiar with mt T1. Sorry for confusion.
Oh no problem. Well I thought two Sarmatian remains discovered contained the Y-DNA of J1-M267. Which seems interesting, but curious why it has been seen alot in the Indo-Europeans. In terms of the spread.

Regarding T1, the only deep clade that could been linked to the Indo-European migrations is T1a1a and its subclade T1a1a1, which Pala et al estimate to be respectively 11,000 years old and 6,800 years old. The latter represents as much as 70% of all T1 lineages and its timeframe fits perfectly with a Bronze Age expansion. Furthermore, T1a1a1 is particularly common in countries with high levels of Y-haplogroup R1a, such as Central and Northeast Europe, but also everywhere in Central Asia and deep into North Asia, as far east as Mongolia.

According to the haplogroup T page on this website, T1a1a and its subclade T1a1a1 are closely associated with the Indo-European migrations. I assume that T1a1a is a descendant haplogroup of T1* and a previous study by Herrera at al. (2011) concluded that there is limited evidence for Indo-European genetic associations in Armenia. T1* has its roots in Western Asia, which is commonly found in the Jewish communities of Iraq and Iran.

Shortly after the arrival of early farmers in Armenia and Anatolia (8 kya), agriculture spread to Greece and the Balkans, before rapidly expanding across Europe.47.Furthermore, the classification of Armenian as an old Indo-European language with similarities to the ancestral Proto-Indo-European languages has led to the supposition that agriculturalists migrating from Armenia into Europe were responsible for the establishment of Indo-European languages in the continent.13, 14 However, despite the close linguistic relationship between Armenians and the Indo-European speaking populations of Europe,12 we see little genetic support for this claim. The derived M412 allele, which is found in nearly all haplogroup R1b1b1*-L23 chromosomes in Europe,27 is absent in the sampled Armenians, which also exhibit a scarcity of haplotype sharing with Europeans, suggesting a limited role for Armenians in the introduction of R1b into Europe.

Which T1 was found in Andronovo T1a1a?

I have discovered my sudclade:

T1a2b. Can anyone share light on this haplogroup?

This thread has been viewed 6151 times.

Back