If you had to be an ethnicity other than your own, which would it be?

Goga

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a*
mtDNA haplogroup
HV1b2
If you had to be an ethnicity other than your own, which would it be? And what is your real ethnicity?

I've got this idea from an Assyrian site. And I think it is also a nice 'game' for this site.

This was my answer on that site:

My ethnicity is Kurdish.

1. Other Northwestern Iranian people who like Kurds do belong to the Caspian race (Western subtype of Irano-Afghan race).
like: Gilaki, Mazanderanis and Talysh. Kurds are also Northwestern Iranian people who belong to the Caspian race which is the Western subtype of Irano-Afghan race.

485px-Caspian_and_Semnani_languages.svg.png

2. Georgian. I was born in Georgia and I love Georgians. They have a great ancient culture & civilization.

3. Italian. According to me the greatest Europeans with great culture & history (, with all due respect to other European ethnicities). And Italian women are beautiful! Also, I love Italian language!

4. Serbian or Greek.

French. I know and love the language, the literature, the art, the food, the wine, the fashion, the landscape. The men are definitely fine as well, as a bonus. :)

If not French then Spanish. I spent a summer semester there and liked it and the people very much.

Or perhaps Greek. I find them very simpatici.

Obviously I can't see myself as anything other than Southern European, but I mean no disrespect to other countries. It's just that I can't imagine being someone very different.

French. I know and love the language, the literature, the art, the food, the wine, the fashion, the landscape. The men are definitely fine as well, as a bonus. :)

If not French then Spanish. I spent a summer semester there and liked it and the people very much.

Or perhaps Greek. I find them very simpatici.

Obviously I can't see myself as anything other than Southern European, but I mean no disrespect to other countries. It's just that I can't imagine being someone very different.
I think most people would choose for a number 1 ethnicity close to their own ethnicity. Because it is the most familiar to them and remind them of own culture.

The closest culture to the Italian culture could be French culture, I guess. So I believe that a lot ethnic Italians would go for French people as 1st choice.

French people & culture remind me a lot of Italian people, but French people/culture are more 'romantic'. As a male I like romantic times, but not always. So I prefer Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati and even Alpha Romeo or Fiat any time above Peugeot, Citroën or Renault.

And French had Napoleon, painters, Voltaire and other enlightenment and even great post-modern philosophers.

Italians are more pragmatic, while French are more romantic, they enjoy life more!

What I don't like about the French is that the political anti-Semitism, think of Dreyfus affair, is born in France!

I don't know why, but somehow I have no emotion with Spanish people. Nothing in common with my character. There is mostly nothing, sometimes even some irritations (SORRY!). But I'm VERY sympathetic toward the Basques.

I don’t know a lot of Portugal, but I love Portuguese too. I love their language. Again, I don’t know why, but in my eyes the most friendly & hospitable Europeans. It is not a coincident that a country like Brazil (ex-Portuguese colony) is very attractive, active and spirited. Only Portuguese people could make a country like Brazil is nowadays

Portuguese would maybe my number 5 choice..

Last edited:
Why Serbians and Greeks at number 4?

I can't choose between them.

Serbians? Smart, beautiful people, very sportive, great athletes, great culture, beautiful dance & music. Most friendly, most interesting of the whole Balkans (again lots of respect to other Balkanian people).

They can transfer negative energy & aggression into positive energy and sport very fast. Positive people with great attitude.

Resilient, survivals!

Aren't really friends with Turks (, and I LOVE that).

Don't know much about their food, though..

Why Greeks? Very short. Alexander the Great. Influenced Rome. Constantinople, Byzantium. Greek mythology, then the Orthodox Church. Plato. Socrates. Aristotle. There is no need to add more.

Why Georgians at number 2?

Very small, sometimes vulnerable nation. But also the most honorabel and noble people EVER, with great ancient culture (music, food, dance).

The most strange thing is that I didn't chose Dutch?!?

Why? I don't really know why.

The Netherlands is my current adoptive homeland. I have a Dutch nationality. I love my new home. The Netherlands gave me everything, education, work, nationality. When there is a soccer match or other sport, I'm always for Holland, no matter against who they play and how bad they play.
Since there is no Kurdistan, yet, if there is a soccer match between Georgia vs. Holland, or Holland vs. Russia, I'm always for Holland.

Dutch people are maybe the most smartest people I know. (I think smarter than Chinese and Jews). Dutch women are the most beautiful women I've ever seen (the small one, I don't like big women, must be shorter than 1.75m)

But somehow I didn't chose Dutch. Why? Maybe they are not really interesting people, do not have really interesting history (although Dutch GOLDEN age was HUGE!!). Sometimes there is no passion in Dutch people which is very common and close to me and Dutch people are to much busy with money.
Dutch people are really BORING even the women, to much cold rationalists with no feelings, like robots! No passion!

I want to see FIRE in women, I want to see passion, I want to see LIFE!

Some say Dutch people invented the capitalism, liberalism etc.. That would make a lot of sense. Cold detached capitalism could only be invented by robots without feelings!

But the problem is that I'm not a capitalist nor a liberalist. To me money is not the most important thing in life. I'm a FAMILY man. As a human being, I love 'warm blooded' humans close to nature (animals, plants, trees) with sometimes 'primitive' passion, fire, emotion and life in them.

I think it'd be Austrian and Swiss cause I love Alpine landscapes and I love the culture too

This thread has been viewed 4999 times.

Back