I-M253 - Subclade Cluster AS1313

ChristieMoore33

Reaction score
Ethnic group
British Isles
mtDNA haplogroup
Nearly 'pure' W1
I recently went to the website members.bex.net and plugged in the STR's for both my FTDNA kits. Both kits were 100% I-M253 as they are on FTDNA. I have a Z138 SNP test out and I am awaiting results on one kit.

When I clicked on the link asking about Subclade Prediditon on both kits I got one kit at 99% for 1313 and one for 100% for 1313. My kits are Moore cousins. The two kits and my father share a Great-Great Grandfather. My father and the kit at 100% for 1313 are off of the eldest son and the other kit (the 99%) is off the youngest son.

We are at a brick wall with our lineage stopping at the time prior to the Revolutionary War in Colonial North Carolina - William Moore b. 1734 d. 1773 Bladen County, NC. His son Matthew b. 1754 d. 1824 Bladen County, NC is who we are descended from. Interesting tidbit, he served with General George Washington during the winter of 1777-1778.

I'm trying to find out more about this subclade 1313. Can anyone give me any information on it? Possible origin? I'm trying to find a way to connect to my British Colonial Family in NC during this time period. I've almost exhausted records & documents. I guess my next option to try to "jump the pond" would be to work from there to Colonial North Carolina.

Thank you!

I would also be interested in finding more about the AS1313 cluster. Apparently, it's a rare cluster - something like less than 1% of I1.

I recently went to the website members.bex.net and plugged in the STR's for both my FTDNA kits. Both kits were 100% I-M253 as they are on FTDNA. I have a Z138 SNP test out and I am awaiting results on one kit.

When I clicked on the link asking about Subclade Prediditon on both kits I got one kit at 99% for 1313 and one for 100% for 1313. My kits are Moore cousins. The two kits and my father share a Great-Great Grandfather. My father and the kit at 100% for 1313 are off of the eldest son and the other kit (the 99%) is off the youngest son.

We are at a brick wall with our lineage stopping at the time prior to the Revolutionary War in Colonial North Carolina - William Moore b. 1734 d. 1773 Bladen County, NC. His son Matthew b. 1754 d. 1824 Bladen County, NC is who we are descended from. Interesting tidbit, he served with General George Washington during the winter of 1777-1778.

I'm trying to find out more about this subclade 1313. Can anyone give me any information on it? Possible origin? I'm trying to find a way to connect to my British Colonial Family in NC during this time period. I've almost exhausted records & documents. I guess my next option to try to "jump the pond" would be to work from there to Colonial North Carolina.

Thank you!

AS1313 appears to be quite recent. I am 99% likely match to 1313, but only been only to match to recent relatives - can you share your results?

This thread has been viewed 5013 times.

Back