Reaction score
Ethnic group
North Alpine Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
mtDNA haplogroup
H95a1 ..Pannoni
I do not recall this link being presented

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0125521#pone.0125521.s012

An intense debate concerning the nature and mode of Neolithic transition in Europe has long received much attention. Recent publications of paleogenetic analyses focusing on ancient European farmers from Central Europe or the Iberian Peninsula have greatly contributed to this debate, providing arguments in favor of major migrations accompanying European Neolithization and highlighting noticeable genetic differentiation between farmers associated with two archaeologically defined migration routes: the Danube valley and the Mediterranean Sea. The aim of the present study was to fill a gap with the first paleogenetic data of Neolithic settlers from a region (France) where the two great currents came into both direct and indirect contact with each other. To this end, we analyzed the Gurgy 'Les Noisats' group, an Early/Middle Neolithic necropolis in the southern part of the Paris Basin. Interestingly, the archaeological record from this region highlighted a clear cultural influence from the Danubian cultural sphere but also notes exchanges with the Mediterranean cultural area. To unravel the processes implied in these cultural exchanges, we analyzed 102 individuals and obtained the largest Neolithic mitochondrial gene pool so far (39 HVS-I mitochondrial sequences and haplogroups for 55 individuals) from a single archaeological site from the Early/Middle Neolithic period.

Thanks Sile, but I seems to me this subect has already been discussed in Eupedia. In fact thy were not Parisians but rather extreme N-W Burgundy people at the mergins of geological so called Parisian Bassin.

Thanks Sile. Interesting read.

Thanks Sile, but I seems to me this subect has already been discussed in Eupedia. In fact thy were not Parisians but rather extreme N-W Burgundy people at the mergins of geological so called Parisian Bassin.

the interesting part of the paper is the association these parisiens with the "Danubians" of Early Neolithic Germany ................It seems the "franks" where in northern France very early:rolleyes:

Derenburg which has 22% of ancient skeletons being H2 (ydna )

Karlsdorf which has 22% of ancient skeletons mainly from T1a ( ydna)

and

Halberstadt which has 56% of ancient skeletons being G2a ( ydna )

Moving on.............my theory of Gallic southern-France is different from Gallic northern-France still hold true until the early Roman empire.

The Franks are an entirely different people from the EEF Danubian farmers. The former were probably at least half steppe in origin given all the papers of the last five years.

I agree with Angela; let's not mix every period one with another.
Concerning this thread, I think it would be interetsing to attach it to the previous one.
What I understood concerning this Gurgy people is that they showed as all Western neolithic peoeple a good taste of WHG, surely more than Anatolian Neolithic peope, and that they were alsmot halfway between Cardial and Cardial successors of Southern France and the Danubian Neolithic people.
Btw, the so often criticized old anthropology showed that their successors in very lasted Neolithic SOM :(Seine-Oise-Marne culture Between Île-de-France, Champagne and Luxemburg and Western Germany borders showed a mix of almost all "France": a brutal Mesolithic type seemingly more akin to Loschbour type (100% 'capelloid-brünnoid' skull but with broader face ('crom' mix?) and other Belgium ancient very close types, far enough (according to me) from 'teviecoid' + 'proto-alpine' types come from the Alps and Jura + some 'danubian' type of Coon, close enough yet to first farmers come from Catal Höyök + 'mediterranean' type from South called 'caussenard' by someones, more akin to non-mesolithic ancient Sardinians (Cardial?). The Chassey culture could have been the place and time for the southern types+'alpines' to climb northwards along Saône and then Seine + surroundings. The 'danubian' type has been recognized in Neolithic of Normandy too, more than in Brittany. All the way the two kinds of neolithic people (concerning external espect) were preent there.
&: sure these types were evident in individuals, but not in all: crossings were already consumed and a lot of between-types were found!
based upon too few and too little samples and upon too extend periods, phoenotypes cannot help too much, but otherwise, in more seried periods upon numerous samples, it could help to sharply show new introgressions of people before crossings, whatever the genetic global autosomals distances.

This thread has been viewed 4217 times.

Back