Fire Haired14

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b DF27*
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2a2b1
My Blog: Indepth Look at Haplogroup JT

You can't find any better analysis of mtDNA then in this post. I analysed over 1,000 JT genomes to their max. The revaluations are surprisingly uncomplex. When you dig to a certain point there's no noticeable regional diversity in mtDNA. It'd be very difficult, almost impossible, to find difference in mtDNA between neighbors or people in the same region. This is because there are many less "Expansion Lineages"/Founder effects in mtDNA than in Y DNA(e.g. R1b-L151 is West European). There are still very basal forms of JT that show no regional variation.

I was able to confirm Italian/Danish JT and Iranian/Yeman JT are closely related. Because we have ancient mtDNA from Europe we pretty much already know the origins of JT in Europe. J1c, J2b1a, and T2b arrived from Neolithic Anatolia and J1b1a1 and T1a1 arrived from Bronze age Russia(ultimately Paleolithic Caucasus). European J1b1a1 has a sister lineage; J1b1b, that's very popular in Northern West Asia.

Are you sure it was neolithic? There is a Mexican model Ximena Navarrete, for whom it says that her mtDNA haplogroup was in Europe before the ice age. I think it is likely that some subclades came later, but I would think that J1c was already there by the neolithic.

I'm very confident 99.9% of JT in Europe(outside of regions neighboring the Middle East) arrived during the Neolithic or later. We have over 100 mtDNA samples from pre-Neolithic Europe(mostly Western Europe) and almost 100% had haplogroup U. JT first appears in ancient European mtDNA with immigrants from the Middle East who belonged to subclades of JT that are today European-exclusive.

This thread has been viewed 4035 times.

Back