Classify this woman

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Strictly for fun, could you guys take a stab at "classifying her"? This combination puzzles me.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVRAAAAJDk1MmE3YWYzLWYxYmMtNGRmZi04OGMyLWQ0ZWQ4OTMwN2Y1OA.jpg
f-f3e-5508341912934.jpg

Would different pigmentation change the classification?

Attachments

• Lea Miguel 6.PNG
    Lea Miguel 6.PNG
    189.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Lea Miguel 2.PNG
    Lea Miguel 2.PNG
    226.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Lea Miguel 7.jpg
    Lea Miguel 7.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Lea Miguel 5.jpg
    Lea Miguel 5.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 27
Hmmm..."Alpine?" Does she come from Northern Italy or maybe Western-Central Europe?

Hmm..actually, coming to think of it..it seems like there could be something "exotic" in her. I can't say for certain. Is she ethnically pure? I doubt my geographical localization of her.

colour of eyes hair. above the eyes looks like Greek, or mediterenean genereally,
nose from photo #1 also seems Greek-celtic mix, but on #4 seems Slavic,
the wide mandible shows a north admixture, possible from Germany, or elsewhere above Danube
while the chin is not 'dimpled'
She can be from Armenia Iran and Lebanon/Syria till Spain S France England.
she has long neck, but big head

a closer land area is Greece Italy mainly by her eyes,
most possible is N Italy and S France and secondary N Balkans, cause the Germanic Slavic admixture which is obvious

I noticed her because she's an actress in the excellent French television series "Une Village Francais" that I'm currently watching. Her name appears on the thumb nails when you enlarge them. When I googled her, though, all it says is that she's a French stage actress from Limoges. Yet the name "Miguel", while a given name, not a surname, would imply at least some Spanish ancestry. Yet she doesn't look Spanish to me.

I'd agree with parts of France and Italy as the most likely places where this particular "look" would be found. It's more the "type" I was looking for, and maybe Nordo-Med is the closest for that. I don't think she's "Atlanto-Med", if I understand that classification correctly, because of the facial structure, especially the jaw. I don't think Alpine works either, although there may be influences of it, because of the nose and facial structure. I agree you can definitely see the Mediterranean in her, mostly in the eyes and nose. It would help if the head shape was clearer, but all that hair obstructs the view. Still, she doesn't look extremely short headed. Fwiw, I find her skin pigmentation a little odd whatever the "classification". It's not "olive" really, but it's rather dark. I thought it could be a tan but it's the same in every picture I saw. I know northern Italians who look quite a bit like her, but their pigmentation is closer to someone like Gillian Kearney, with hair that's a little lighter:
gillian-kearney-08.jpg

Or maybe Carrie Ann Moss:
thumbs_carrie-ann-moss-photos-gallery.jpg

I think she shows why these "classifications" don't work in real life. A lot of people are a blend of influences from various migrations, even if certain particular "blends" are found most commonly in certain areas.

Btw, I think a French alpine would probably look more like Marion Cotillard:
marion-cotillard.png

so Alpine people do not have dimpled chin.

Strictly for fun, could you guys take a stab at "classifying her"? This combination puzzles me.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVRAAAAJDk1MmE3YWYzLWYxYmMtNGRmZi04OGMyLWQ0ZWQ4OTMwN2Y1OA.jpg
f-f3e-5508341912934.jpg

Would different pigmentation change the classification?

As soon as I saw the picture I thought Italian, but of course could also fall well under Spanish then 3rdly would have gone for French :)

so Alpine people do not have dimpled chin.

You mean a cleft chin, like this? (He was just the first picture that came up.)
gal-buttchin-5-jpg.jpg

I didn't know it was particularly predominant in any one area of Europe. A lot of American actors, who are heavily Northern European, have them, but then so does the man I married, who's southern Italian.

For the pictures in the OP, I would say that she could be North Italian or South French.

You mean a cleft chin, like this? (He was just the first picture that came up.)
I didn't know it was particularly predominant in any one area of Europe. A lot of American actors, who are heavily Northern European, have them, but then so does the man I married, who's southern Italian.

I have long wondered where cleft chin is more common and where it could have originated. It's extremely rare in Belgium and France. I can't even think of anyone I know who has one (at least a clearly defined one like in the above picture). I have travelled extensively all over Europe and have friends or acquaintances in every country, but I couldn't identify any region where it was common. I have also noticed that it is much more common among Americans (actors only?), which makes m wonder if it could be a founder effect in the early colonists or even a recent sexual selection (or both) ?

Don't know about West Europe,

but this 'twin' chin is common among Mediterenean Balkan and far North Norwegians i think

and as i see by the comments it is absent on West Europe,

it would be interesting if sardinians also have it,

that could explain a lot,

Although i think is caucasian mark

anyway, notice that this mark can be hidden by fat or age(dental bonechange), and surely by first plastic/cosmetic surgeaury,

Now you see it

fasoulas.jpg

NOW YOU DONT
fasoulas_4.jpg

Last edited:
For the pictures in the OP, I would say that she could be North Italian or South French.

I have long wondered where cleft chin is more common and where it could have originated. It's extremely rare in Belgium and France. I can't even think of anyone I know who has one (at least a clearly defined one like in the above picture). I have travelled extensively all over Europe and have friends or acquaintances in every country, but I couldn't identify any region where it was common. I have also noticed that it is much more common among Americans (actors only?), which makes m wonder if it could be a founder effect in the early colonists or even a recent sexual selection (or both) ?

I wonder if it's all that common anywhere; the only person I've ever known who had a really pronounced one is my husband. Well, his sister also has it but not quite so pronounced.

The fact so many actors have it may indeed be a function of sexual selection. I think in America it came from Great Britain by and large, though.

These are British actors.

Lawrence Olivier:
tumblr_mbuszpv4e71r0a4hso1_500.jpg

Cary Grant:
cary_grant_gallery_new_6.jpg

Jude Law:
jude-law1.jpg

Timothy Dalton:
635534014888069487-1461739939_JB4TD.jpg

The list goes on and on: Henry Cavill, Ewan McGregor, Patrick Stewart, Adele...

Then there are all the famous Americans who had or have it:
Clark Gable (mostly southern German I think, but a lot of British Isles ancestry too), James Mitchum, Kirk Douglas (100% Ashkenazi), Ben Affleck (lots of Irish), Ashton Kutcher (I don't know what he is), John Travolta (half Irish/half Italian), Jim Carrey (British Isles), Chevy Chase, Aaron Eckhart (German and British?), Sandra Bullock (all German ancestry I think) Viggo Mortensen (Norwegian?)...

There is John Stamos, though, half Greek and half Italian, and John Cassavetes, who was all Greek, who had it.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/criterion-...6c0270be8b7/Film_250w_Cassavetes_original.jpg

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr05/2013/7/5/19/enhanced-buzz-31833-1373066723-10.jpg

It does seem to go with good looks in my book, fwiw.

Gabriel Garko, the Italian actor, has one:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/51/6a/c8/516ac897a3d0d25af69a8a4dfb7c18d2.jpg

Raoul Bova has a slight one too, but then he would, because he's perfect. :)

http://www.guardavalle.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/20100304_raul_bova.jpg

So did Marcello Mastroianni and Sophia Loren, I think.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Tz-safK6u...CVwow/s1600/Marcello+Mastroianni+Quotes-1.jpg

http://www.oldpicz.com/picz/2016/02/sophia-loren-young-6.jpg

So, I don't know where it started, but I think maybe it's more common in the British Isles, at least the more pronounced ones? Or no?

Don't know about West Europe,

but this 'twin' chin is common among Mediterenean Balkan and far North Norwegians i think

and as i see by the comments it is absent on West Europe,

it would be interesting if sardinians also have it,

that could explain a lot,

Although i think is caucasian mark

anyway, notice that this mark can be hidden by fat or age(dental bonechange), and surely by first plastic/cosmetic surgeaury,

Now you see it

fasoulas.jpg

NOW YOU DONT
fasoulas_4.jpg

There's quite a bit of it in the British Isles, but not among people who look like what the physical anthropologists called the "UP survivors", so Mediterranean admixed, maybe?

However, the only Sardinian celebrity who has even a slight one is Elisabetta Canalis:

Elisabetta-Canalis-Brian-Perri-wed-in-Italy.jpg

When I see it in Italians it's usually not very pronounced, and you can see it only at certain angles. I don't know where my husband's family got it, although the grandparent he most resembled was "Dinaric" looking, in the light brown haired, light eyed version.

I guess then, could come from SW Asia or Caucasus, since the absence in Sardinia or other palaiolithic populations might lead us to Neolithic populations,
Ι Do not deny that is strong in Dinaric Alps, but not only, through out Greece and minor Asian Greeks also, especially at Greeks wich we call Iones,

%CE%A3%CF%84%CF%81%CE%AC%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%82-%CE%94%CE%B9%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%85%CF%83%CE%AF%CE%BF%CF%85-2.jpg

known minor Asian Greek singer

anyway is strong in my family,
and we born half blonde/.half light brown, but we end as dark brown after around 12,
also brown to red is not rare, mainly women take that colour

spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
PtolemyISoterLouvreMa849.jpg

Ptolemaios Soter

ImageHandler.ashx

spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif

Last edited:
Middle East. I've seen Iranians who look just like that.

Middle East. I've seen Iranians who look just like that.

Permit me to doubt that a teen-ager in Chicago could have any basis of comparison since I doubt there's a lot of Iranians, or even French people, Spaniards, or Northern Italians living there. Most Hispanics are racially admixed. Are you taking lessons from Sikeliot, the basement amateur anthropologist on theapricity?

Second of all, the eyes are totally off for Iranians, who have much bigger eyes, and the coloring as well. The combination of features and pigmentation does not at all "spell" Iranian. Europeans have an eye for what other Europeans look like. This actress looks either French, Spanish or Italian. This woman looks like a southern European, and her name shows she probably has Spanish ancestry.

I guess then, could come from SW Asia or Caucasus, since the absence in Sardinia or other palaiolithic populations might lead us to Neolithic populations,
Ι Do not deny that is strong in Dinaric Alps, but not only, through out Greece and minor Asian Greeks also, especially at Greeks wich we call Iones,

%CE%A3%CF%84%CF%81%CE%AC%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%82-%CE%94%CE%B9%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%85%CF%83%CE%AF%CE%BF%CF%85-2.jpg

known minor Asian Greek singer

anyway is strong in my family,
and we born half blonde/.half light brown, but we end as dark brown after around 12,
also brown to red is not rare, mainly women take that colour

spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
PtolemyISoterLouvreMa849.jpg

Ptolemaios Soter

ImageHandler.ashx

spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif
On every calculator or other admixture analysis I've ever seen the Sardinians score a significant amount of southwest Asian. They don't score very much "West Asian", so Caucasus may be a possibility for this "cleft chin".

However, it's so much more common in the Celtic fringe and Scandinavia, areas that have very little "West Asian", but so much "Indo-European", that it indicates to me that perhaps if it is Caucasus related it would have come with the Indo-Europeans. However, I don't know that it's at all common in the Caucasus, so I don't know.

There does seem to be, as Maciamo suggested, some sexual selection going on.

This thread has been viewed 26101 times.

Back