Politics Brexit

Maleth

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
EV13 A7136 y18675G+
mtDNA haplogroup
H
23rd June is Referendum day to determine whether Britain will leave or remain in the EU. It seems that there is quite a strong momentum for Britain to Leave the Block irrelevant that financial and now religious institutions are advising the contrary. Will it be really that bad for a few years? until Brexit terms are sorted and new home grown regulations are put in place?

I believe that ultimately Britain will vote to remain in the EU, also I think Britain will do better in the EU rather then out on many fronts. However if it does not, there might be a caution approach from other EU member states to see how Britain will perform outside the Block (we already have the Norwegian and Swiss model however with different circumstances to those in Britain). If Britain really will do better out of the EU then I presume it will trigger a chain reaction of other countries to follow (presumably Scandinavian). I believe the EU itself will not be dismantle and remain a functioning block only with few less countries (that could eventually work better in the long run). Its a long journey and time will tell. We have to wait and see.

What are your opinions about it?

I think this song fits with the subject :grin:

nice video Meliteus

an answer to it

Dont know what I want but
I know how to get it

I thought it was the u.k or just
Another country
Another council tenancy

Last edited:
nice video Meliteus

an answer to it

Dont know what I want but
I know how to get it

I thought it was the u.k or just
Another country
Another council tenancy

Im glad you like the song Yetos. Now regard the 'Never mind the Bollocks' could be an attitude that works

(sometimes :grin:)

yeap
Sex pistols were always rude,

I am gonna miss Nigel Farage, I liked that guy,
I CAN NOT IMAGINE EURO-PARLIAMENT WITHOUT FARAGE
but neither British roads driving at right current, and car driving wheel at the right

anyway it s their choice, that comes from a voting proccesor,
meaning clear and open transparent desicion,

and as a tribute to the country that both Punk-rock and Heavy metal is borned,
after sex pistols, I pay a tribute with the song that is at 12:24 of the video

STRONG SHE STANDS - REACHING HER HAND , BRAVE AND GRAND
JOIN RAISE YOUR HAND OR HIDE
WHEN WE RIDE FOR THE CROWN
OUR MEETING WITH FATE IS TONIGHT

It's better for all if they stay.

yeap

I am gonna miss Nigel Farage, I liked that guy,

I wont say that too soon. He might still be there for a few more years.....and the pay is really good :)

What I do not understand is why to exit European Union,
and then enter TTIP treaty,
entering TTIP treaty, is not far for being a member of EU,
at least at economical affairs,

do you believe that UK will not enter TTIP zone?

What I do not understand is why to exit European Union,
and then enter TTIP treaty,
entering TTIP treaty, is not far for being a member of EU,
at least at economical affairs,

do you believe that UK will not enter TTIP zone?

If not mistaken TTIP is still in negotiation and its between the USA and the EU. I doubt if it will ever take place as there are too many interests and barriers. If it goes through I am not sure if countries with special arrangements with the EU like Norway and Switzerland will be eligible to be part of the treaty? what is for sure that anyone in the world will be more willing to sign up agreements with a block of 742 million people rather then, say a country of 64 million which Britain has at present.

If not mistaken TTIP is still in negotiation and its between the USA and the EU. I doubt if it will ever take place as there are too many interests and barriers. If it goes through I am not sure if countries with special arrangements with the EU like Norway and Switzerland will be eligible to be part of the treaty? what is for sure that anyone in the world will be more willing to sign up agreements with a block of 742 million people rather then, say a country of 64 million which Britain has at present.

hmm, indeed,
but the status of the world shows that the biggest the country, the biggest the poverty of low classes

I am interested how Brexit would influence rental business in London. Different resources publish opposite forecasts: The Guardian predicts a fall in rental prices if the UK votes to leave the EU (http://www.theguardian.com/politics...r-brexit-landlords-house-prices-eu-referendum). On the other hand, professional brokers (viz. https://tranio.com/) believe that an exit from the EU would not affect the demand/supply imbalance on the real estate market and even if property prices drop 5%, it won’t mean anything for such a hot market like London. I would like to see adequate prices

Seems like the UK in general has voted to leave the EU. Now the question is will the EU try to find a smooth transition for this to happen? or will it find subtle ways to punish the vote. I believe that finally its not in the EU interest to punish the UK as it can create self inflicting wounds, however not doing so, we are very likely going to see a Scandiexit as the sentiments are very similar to those in Britian at present. Then the Dutch might follow, meaning all want to pull out having favorable economic terms and 'maybe' still open borders with the block, (like Switzerland), but can regulate the policies closer to home in their own parliaments and not from Brussels and without the need to contribute to the EU budget.

There is also the Scottish Issue, who are not particularity happy to be dragged in all this by being ruled from London (So to speak), and Scotland as a country has voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU. This in itself is going to create another huge argument for the UK in general.

Interesting times ahead

They voted for past glory days of British Empire
Brexit-20-650.jpg

but now Scotland and North Ireland are starting separation movements again.
aHR0cHM6Ly9mcmFtYXNwaGVyZS5vcmcvdXBsb2Fkcy9pbWFnZXMvNTk1MzVjMTQyNWU5MTMwZDhhOTIuanBn.jpg

Bravo Merkel, bravo Germans... - your idiocy chased the UK out of the EU:

nigel-farage-breaking-point-poster-1024x516.jpg

Brexit Party!:

Haha good one :).

Seems like its a little too late now. The writing on the wall has been there for a while and been either ignored hoping its just a phase and will just go away. Seems like Europe will have to go back to an economic union as no one really complains about that, but political Union dictated by Brussels has never really been popular, very often insensitive to the people needs, or when the sensitivity arrives it would have caused too much resentment and distress.
I'm not sure if EU was more insensitive than most national governments. I think that pendulum has swung towards conservatism and nationalism these days due to slow economy, terrorism and too much immigration. In a decade the populous mood might be way different.
There might be unforeseen circumstances though. Possibly Scotland and North Ireland will separate from GB and jon EU instead? If city of London could have done it they would.

Voting by demographics:
median.png

Cls7vB7WkAATVNI.jpg

http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...fferent-demographic-groups-vote-eu-referendum

The smart and the young wanted to stay in.

They voted for past glory days of British Empire

but now Scotland and North Ireland are starting separation movements again.
aHR0cHM6Ly9mcmFtYXNwaGVyZS5vcmcvdXBsb2Fkcy9pbWFnZXMvNTk1MzVjMTQyNWU5MTMwZDhhOTIuanBn.jpg

It says a lot about hypocrisy of English voters who voted to leave.

This thread has been viewed 30534 times.

Back