Reaction score
Ethnic group
NW Euro
Y-DNA haplogroup
E1b1b/ E-V22
give it a try! thanks in advance!

Vakantiefoto Leon.jpg

Last edited:
Due to connection problems during my holiday I might react later sorry!

View attachment 7881

You look very German to me, so, northern Germany, Scandinavia, over into the Netherlands, perhaps even further east of Germany, although I tend to think not. Most Eastern Europeans tend to have a particular "look" that sets them apart from the rest of Europeans. That's not always true, obviously.

Is it you?

Btw, I would think this even if your "handle" wasn't "Northener". :)

Believe it or not I have cousins who look a little bit like you. They'd kill me if I posted pictures of them, but an Italian skier from precisely my father's area has the same sort of phenotype, so I'll post him. He advertises where he comes from on his hat, "Parmigiano Reggiano". :)

Giuliano_Razzoli_Schladming_2010-300x224-Parmigiano Reggiano.jpg

Angela. that was bull's eye! It's me indeed. And I live in the most Northern part of the Netherlands, Groningen, coastal North Sea. My ancestors (and autosomal DNA) are dominantly Frisians and Saxons and also a bunch from North Western Germany. So perfectly predicted. What makes me less 'stereotype Northern' are my deep brown eyes, in this respect your Italian cousin has lighter eyes! By the way talking about Italy, my Y-DNA is E-V22, according to FTDNA this was Bantu ;) Whit this kind of face a little bit surprising.....[emoji12] The best educated guess is that it's due to a raid of the Spanish Army in 1586 in Frisia especially in my oldest ancestors village, a lot of rapes were reported. And when you look at the recruitment area's of the Spanish tercios these area exactly the area's where EV22 is more than the average 1% in Southern Europe and is about 5% of the men, area of Naples, Sicily, Asturias and Andalusia. But off topic it would be strong genes if a soldier from 1586 is due to my brown eyes. More recent from both sides of my family it were my great grandmothers who had deep brown eyes! Last but not least what about refreshing the old phenotypes? The old Coon and Lundman phenotypes are outdated, they often regarded phenotypes as a sort of 'frozen products' of the past.....but terms as Borreby are still being used.....time for a chance!?

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

Last edited:
You look very German to me, so, northern Germany, Scandinavia, over into the Netherlands, perhaps even further east of Germany, although I tend to think not. Most Eastern Europeans tend to have a particular "look" that sets them apart from the rest of Europeans. That's not always true, obviously.

Is it you?

Believe it or not I have cousins who look a little bit like you. They'd kill me if I posted pictures of them, but an Italian skier from precisely my father's area has the same sort of phenotype, so I'll post him. He advertises where he comes from on his hat, "Parmigiano Reggiano". :)

View attachment 7882[/

Angela. that was bull's eye! It's me indeed. And I live in the most Northern part of the Netherlands, Groningen, coastal North Sea. My ancestors (and autosomal DNA) are dominantly Frisians and Saxons and also a bunch from North Western Germany. So perfectly predicted. What makes me less 'stereotype Northern' are my deep brown eyes, in this respect your Italian cousin has lighter eyes! By the way talking about Italy, my Y-DNA is E-V22, according to FTDNA this was Bantu ;) Whit this kind of face a little bit surprising.....[emoji12] The best educated guess is that it's due to a raid of the Spanish Army in 1586 in Frisia especially in my oldest ancestors village, a lot of rapes were reported. And when you look at the recruitment area's of the Spanish tercios these area exactly the area's where EV22 is more than the average 1% in Southern Europe and is about 5% of the men, area of Naples, Sicily, Asturias and Andalusia. But off topic it would be strong genes if a soldier from 1586 is due to my brown eyes. More recent from both sides of my family it were my great grandmothers who had deep brown eyes! Last but not least what about refreshing the old phenotypes? The old Coon and Lundman phenotypes are outdated, they often regarded phenotypes as a sort of 'frozen products' of the past.....but terms as Borreby are still being used.....time for a chance!?

Forum

Last edited:
Borreby? Looks German.

Thanks Oreo, indeed Borreby is more often said, I am alway cautious with the Coon phenotypes, see my comment above, although I must admit whensomeone stated also that I have, like with the Borreby, Cro Magnoid influences, there are indeed similarities like a pointed chin, big head and some other features are similar.....old hunter gatherer influences?

Germanic for sure

Germanic for sure
Borreby? Looks German.

Is it you?

View attachment 7882

Dear Domincanese, Oreo and Angela, I think I solved 'the puzzle' in Coon Races of Europe (=better called phenotypes of Europe), I saw the following passage which I guess are very accurate in my 'case' Plate 33 Nordics altered by Northwestern European Upper Paleolithic Mixture: "Northern Netherlands....are the home of overgrown Nordics with long faces and high heads, showing both Corded, Brünn or Borreby tendencies." For Brunn or Borreby can be read cro-magnon, the old hunter gatherers of Northwestern Europe.
In this book of Coon the next two passage are very striking, it's about the western Germans:
Coon 207.jpgCoon 208.jpg

That's also summarized in this picture:
Nordocromagnid.jpg

Solved case? ;)

View attachment 7881

Like Angela Said i also believe it could be German, Dutch even Scandinavian, except for the eyes (shape and colour) that seem to tell a different story....although they are not totally unkown in these regions

(Mans Zelmerlow Swedish singer)

Sweden-2.jpg

Like Angela Said i also believe it could be German, Dutch even Scandinavian, except for the eyes (shape and colour) that seem to tell a different story....although they are not totally unkown in these regions

Sweden-2.jpg

Thanks Marleth, I think this is a sharp observation. About 80% of the people of Northern Netherlands have light eyes, makes 20% otherwise....
In Scandinavia this is may be also the case, like with Mans, who has also darker hair.

Although Coon has many disadvantages and is altered, he sometimes has sharp observations, look at Mans and my face and you can guess why Coon wrote about the western Germans ('Saxons' heartland is Nordalbingia outmost Northern Germany); '...these differ from the Danish Iron Age Skulls in being slightly longer, somewhat broader and considerable higher. The foreheads are broader and the face is broader and in many cases a bit longer....So familiar but slightly different.....as you can see!

Is it you?

View attachment 7882

I have done the family finder, autosomal DNA, what a useful research especially in relationship with regions and genepools! Especially Ged Match has nice tools.
And again you had the right eye:

K13

# Population
1 North_Atlantic 50.65
2 Baltic 27.79
3 West_Med 10.08
4 West_Asian 4.79
5 East_Med 3.69
6 South_Asian 1.62

1 Danish @ 1.742467
2 North_Dutch @ 2.503399

3 Norwegian @ 2.936815
4 North_German @ 4.368844
5 Orcadian @ 4.697951
6 Swedish @ 4.926437
7 Irish @ 5.600447
8 West_Scottish @ 6.118611
9 Southeast_English @ 6.190817
10 Southwest_English @ 7.859173

K15
# Population
1 North_Sea 39,01
2 Atlantic 27,71
3 Baltic 12.19
4 Eastern_Euro 10.20
5 West_Med 5.86
6 West_Asian 2.80
7 South_Asian 1.02

1 North_Dutch @ 2.662666
2 Danish @ 3.078913

3 West_Scottish @ 4.199471
4 Orcadian @ 4.770091
5 Norwegian @ 4.771307
6 Irish @ 4.923634
7 West_Norwegian @ 5.078017
8 Southeast_English @ 6.210367
9 Swedish @ 6.318136
10 North_German @ 6.876086

Sweden-2.jpg

Regarding to eyes, I did an aDNA test and Ged Match has mostly nice and accurat features also an eye prediction test. That test came not even close:
oog.jpg

So light green!!:LOL:

I guess this is a classic one, brown eyes are dominant, but I have lots of recessive genes which are pointing at light eyes:

AC at: rs4778241 - High Melanin. Adds yellow, amber, or brown. Some darkening. Contributes Amber, Brown.
CC at: rs3794604 - Blocks some melanin. Often gives light colored eyes.
CT at: rs4553604 - Blue.
CT at: rs1129038 - Adds Yellow.
GG at: rs12906280 - Gray ring around outer edge
CT at: rs3935591 - Heavy melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Brown.
GT at: rs1470608 - Medium melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Gives dark eyes. AG at: rs7174027 - Adds Yellow.

Stil the result is:
Vakantiefoto Leon (1).jpg

So a strong: CT at: rs3935591 - Heavy melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Brown !?

Sweden-2.jpg

has almost nothing of a 'nordic' dolicho type nor of other geographically northern types like all sorts or 'borreby' classified men - He is rather heavily 'mediter' of some sort (the inferior jaw angles could point to some South caucasus 'mediter': some croma remnants in gracilized pops, as the low skull, MAYBE the modifying element in the so called 'kymric' or 'iron-age' nordic type of Coon?? the non-indo-afghan' element in 'cappadocian' of someones? in Anatolia Near-East it could be appeared at metals ages; all the way very different from the firts Catal Höyök people)! By the way I saw some surprising "Scandinavian" actors/actresses and when I searched on the net I f: ound out they were of Yewish origin!
This Swedish man above

Regarding to eyes, I did an aDNA test and Ged Match has mostly nice and accurat features also an eye prediction test. That test came not even close:
View attachment 8212

So light green!!:LOL:

I guess this is a classic one, brown eyes are dominant, but I have lots of recessive genes which are pointing at light eyes:

AC at: rs4778241 - High Melanin. Adds yellow, amber, or brown. Some darkening. Contributes Amber, Brown.
CT at: rs4553604 - Blue.
CT at: rs1129038 - Adds Yellow.
GT at: rs1470608 - Medium melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Gives dark eyes. AG at: rs7174027 - Adds Yellow.

Stil the result is:
View attachment 8213

So a strong: CT at: rs3935591 - Heavy melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Brown !?

CC at: rs1129038 - High Melanin production. Brown.
AA at: rs8033448 - Med Brown on Sphincter
AG at: rs10467971 - Penetrance Modifier - Blue
GT at: rs7713279 - Inhibit weak amber gradient
AA at: rs4778241 - Medium melanin on Anterior Epithelium. Brown.
CC at: rs7403602 - High density on Anterior Stroma. Blocks melanin. Blocks blue. Gives lighter colors.
AG at: rs7174027 - Adds Yellow.
AG at: rs7495174 - Adds melanin. Adds yellow, amber, or brown. Some darkening. Contributes to brown.
CC at: rs4779685 - Flecks (Nevi).
TT at: rs35405 - Inhibit weak amber gradient

925a4a_11_.jpg

Thats a bit similar to myself, but I also have brown eyes so the prediction is wrong although both bro and sis have blue eyes.

has almost nothing of a 'nordic' dolicho type nor of other geographically northern types like all sorts or 'borreby' classified men - He is rather heavily 'mediter' of some sort (the inferior jaw angles could point to some South caucasus 'mediter': some croma remnants in gracilized pops, as the low skull, MAYBE the modifying element in the so called 'kymric' or 'iron-age' nordic type of Coon?? the non-indo-afghan' element in 'cappadocian' of someones? in Anatolia Near-East it could be appeared at metals ages; all the way very different from the firts Catal Höyök people)! By the way I saw some surprising "Scandinavian" actors/actresses and when I searched on the net I f: ound out they were of Yewish origin!
This Swedish man above

Before I posted I checked his biography to see if has mixed parents maybe but they both seem to be Swedish unless its granpa or granma or beyond (I will not be surprised at all)

Born in
Lund, Måns Zelmerlöw is the son of Birgitta Sahlén, a professor at Lund University, and surgeon Sven-Olof Zelmerlöw.[2][3] Zelmerlöw studied music in high school in Lund

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A5ns_Zelmerl%C3%B6w
. However I agree he does not what you call a typical Swedish look, but seems that he is Swedish enough :)

View attachment 7881

As you know i'm not too found of guessing upon a sole photo (picture); But I'll try it for the fun.
Don't seem to brachcycpehalized; without any sound ground I would bet: meso-subdolichocephalic (78 to 80?); the seemignly receding forehead, the broad cheekbones and the rather narrow down jaw point to a strong 'capelloid-brünnoid' input; I would say what could be the result of 'cromagnon' and 'brünn' crossings of Mesolithic, where the 'brünnoid' phylum dominates, surely even more on the lateral view (I risk it without profile view);
Without offense, it seems a modern descendant of some kind of Loschbour!
(I m too young to have met Loschbour man; if offenced, please do write to my advocate)

This thread has been viewed 12729 times.

Back