Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
@bjoernstritzel 15 minutes ago
Ansbach: Police says it was an IED that killed at least one person.

For these who don't know much about GWOT (the Global War on Terrorism):

IED = Improvised Explosive Device

More news:

@bjoernstritzel 9 minutes ago
Ansbach: Gas explosion ruled out by police. Explosion caused by an IED. Open air festival with 2500 people evacuated.

I think we need to have one thread about all terrorist attacks. Because there will be many of them each week...

http://www.nordbayern.de/region/ans...plosion-in-ansbach-durch-sprengsatz-1.5369153

Mayor of Ansbach, Carda Seidel, said during press conference:

- it has not been a gas explosion, as initially suspected, but IED
- so far at least 1 person killed, at least 11 wounded, including some criticially wounded
- it is unknown if there has been only one explosion or more of them
- festival "Ansbach Open" was taking place near explosion(s), 2500 people have been evacuated

Time to sleep. :p

comment_wJHERGuFqIJyL2GnJ24QsZ9wUCmnlc5N.jpg

I just saw this as well, supposedly there was a music festival nearby and a man with a bag was turned away. If it really was an IED there could have been a lot more killed tonight

More news:

I think we need to have one thread about all terrorist attacks. Because there will be many of them each week...
Again you are much faster than secret service in dissecting a crime scene. There is no mention about Muslim terrorists being involved yet, but of course why wait if you will only see what you want to see. You know all Muslims are guilty, don't you?

I think I'll agree this time that you're jumping to conclusions a bit too soon. I've already made a guess as to the origins of the attacker, which is indeed based on statistics and literally all of the headlines I've seen over the past few months. However, I accept that I may be wrong and that it is pointless to call it a "Muslim terrorist attack" before we even know the first thing about the attacker.

I think I'll agree this time that you're jumping to conclusions a bit too soon. I've already made a guess as to the origins of the attacker, which is indeed based on statistics and literally all of the headlines I've seen over the past few months. However, I accept that I may be wrong and that it is pointless to call it a "Muslim terrorist attack" before we even know the first thing about the attacker.
It is more reasonable of you. :) It is true that most likely it is an Islamic extremist terror act. However let's not rush. Two days ago many people, on a talk radio in Canada, were convinced that "these three shooters with long barrel guns" were IS terrorists. At the end of a day it turned to be one psychopath with a pistol who killed kids of emigrants, possibly of Muslim faith.

So....basically if not for that one dude who stopped the guy with the bomb, we would've had another massacre? About a few days after the shooting in Germany, an hr after the machete dude who hacked up the pregnant woman, and less than 2 weeks after the guy ran over a crowd of people in Nice with a truck?

So....basically if not for that one dude who stopped the guy with the bomb, we would've had another massacre? About a few days after the shooting in Germany, an hr after the machete dude who hacked up the pregnant woman, and less than 2 weeks after the guy ran over a crowd of people in Nice with a truck?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36880758

BBC is saying it was a Syrian refugee that was suicidal and his motives are still unknown. Supposedly it's unclear if he wanted to kill others but since he killed himself with an explosive(odd choice) in a public area I'm assuming he was. He was also trying to get into the festival beforehand and added metal to the device for extra flak so I'm sure that he had intentions to take other people with him. Luckily he was stopped from entering and the only person he killed was himself.

And the person was indeed of the origin I had thought. It seems as though Tomenable was right in this case. I still stand by my earlier statement in agreement with LeBrok and Angela that it was indeed too early to start discussing Islamic terrorism- even if that was the most likely motivation.

again it is a Syrian
his application for asylum in Germany was refused a year ago
why was he still in Germany?

international law and EU regulations obliges to let them in
but there is no practical possibility to get them out again

instead of adapting regulations, Merkel went to negociate with Erdogan to stop the flow
what hipocrisy

again it is a Syrian
his application for asylum in Germany was refused a year ago
why was he still in Germany?

If that is truly the case then its very silly indeed. I have no doubt that among the refugee seeking / economic migrants are also those who could be already convicted criminally minded and maybe running away from justice in their own countries and mingle with the rest, but persist with their criminal impulses (could be a genetic streak as well). I don't believe there is a system refined enough (no matter how sophisticated it is) that guarantees the weeding of such individuals. In psychology one of the biggest problems with sociopaths is that they can be very charming people too. When one does not have a proper history of a person, its not something you are going to find out in just an interview.

Again you are much faster than secret service in dissecting a crime scene. There is no mention about Muslim terrorists being involved yet, but of course why wait if you will only see what you want to see. You know all Muslims are guilty, don't you?

the attacker pledged loyalty to ISIS in a video

this pattern is well-known by now
I don't know of any other attackers blowing themselves up in order to make as many victims as possible, then Muslim fundamentalists

Now it is clear why he blew himself up.

It had nothing to do with Muslim terrorism - he just preferred death over moving to Bulgaria: :)

"The man who blew himself up in Ansbach was to be deported to Bulgaria, according to a snap from AP citing an official. Earlier officials said the 27-year-old Syrian had been refused asylum but had not been deported because of the ongoing conflict in Syria."

This thread has been viewed 8128 times.

Back