Guess a new member

Foxhall

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
G-M406
mtDNA haplogroup
M1a3b
Hey! I'm a new member here and I thought I'd start by asking you to guess my origins!
I'm multiethnic but just assuming I'm monoethnic.
Also where do you think I pass?
I'm not sure if my haplogroups are gonna serve as hints.
Thank you!
:)

Last edited:
Mostly Greek I would say, or maybe Albanian?

Thanks! Do you know where I could pass?
Would like to see guesses from other members as well :)

A cross between a southern and central European (what ever that means) :confused:. Eyes are more on the eastern side. Very nice shape.

A cross between a southern and central European (what ever that means) :confused:. Eyes are more on the eastern side. Very nice shape.

Thank you Maleth ^^ Any countries where you think I could pass? :)

Well, you'd "pass" in a lot of countries in southern Europe to the average man on the street, but you don't look Italian to me, or French. You could be Spanish, though, although I'd go with "Hispanic" before Spanish.

In fact, maybe the last is best. Since this is a "European centered" site, that's where my mind goes, but you definitely could pass as Latino. It's not just that Latinos are often at least half Spanish; it's that for some reason, Amerindian with European, even northern European, produces a pseudo-southern European look.

Thank you for you reply! Despite my affinity for Latin culture, I'm not Latino but some Brazilians did think I was either Southern Brazilian or Argentine. 100% Old World DNA though haha :)
So do you think I look more Eastern or Western Southern European?

Thank you for you reply! Despite my affinity for Latin culture, I'm not Latino but some Brazilians did think I was either Southern Brazilian or Argentine. 100% Old World DNA though haha :)

So do you think I look more Eastern or Western Southern European?

Well, there you go...:)

Probably more eastern Southern European, but these are all guesses. There's more variation within certain countries than there is between countries.

Thanks a lot! ^^ I'll wait for more guesses before revealing

Hey everyone! I joined this forum today and I asked members to guess my ethnicity on the members lounge but I just found this so.

So I got guesses like Greek, Albanian, Spanish, Hispanic, ''cross between southern and central european" with more "eastern" European eyes.

I'm multiethic but just assume I'm monoethnic! :LOL:

Can you guess my origins and tell me where you think I pass please?

Not sure if my haplogroups will serve as hints lol
I'm 100% Old World tho

Thank you!

Last edited:
Difficult to be too affirmative as everytime: pictures can abuse us according to the angles chozen (one has two different feelings when pictures are taken from top to bottom or the reverse, by instance, because of the false proportions induced by the lence)
And modern generations are a bit different from ancirent ones.
concerning bones I would say the face is rather of a 'mediterranean' type (elongated oval with rather weak inferior maxillar, long external nose; the skull seems dolichocephalic or subdolichocephalic; the frontal could check smooth 'mediterranean' forms too; the 'nordic' face are long, but the inferior jaw is a bit heavier, and gonials of the jaw are more marked. The external parts of the face shows something not 'mediterranean': the lips are not typically 'mediterranean' for I think - I don't see too neatly the eyes form, but they seem settled far enough from the nose. So I would say dominantly 'mediterranean' in a broad sense spite lacking typical traits as very dark pigmentation - if I'm not mistaken by the pictures, and possible in Southern Europe and even farther (France, G-B, ...). Nothing evocating Albanese or typical West Balkanic people. I saw also this shape of face among some Finland Finns, spite it could be surprising! Sorry, it's so unsteady ground, I cannot be more precise. Only very typical types can be "lodged" easily enough in their country of origin, because Europeans are in the most of the countries the product of the same mixtures, varying only in proportions, so at the individual level a lot of intermediary types can pass in a lot of places.
without guarantee of any government!

Difficult to be too affirmative as everytime: pictures can abuse us according to the angles chozen (one has two different feelings when pictures are taken from top to bottom or the reverse, by instance, because of the false proportions induced by the lence)
And modern generations are a bit different from ancirent ones.
concerning bones I would say the face is rather of a 'mediterranean' type (elongated oval with rather weak inferior maxillar, long external nose; the skull seems dolichocephalic or subdolichocephalic; the frontal could check smooth 'mediterranean' forms too; the 'nordic' face are long, but the inferior jaw is a bit heavier, and gonials of the jaw are more marked. The external parts of the face shows something not 'mediterranean': the lips are not typically 'mediterranean' for I think - I don't see too neatly the eyes form, but they seem settled far enough from the nose. So I would say dominantly 'mediterranean' in a broad sense spite lacking typical traits as very dark pigmentation - if I'm not mistaken by the pictures, and possible in Southern Europe and even farther (France, G-B, ...). Nothing evocating Albanese or typical West Balkanic people. I saw also this shape of face among some Finland Finns, spite it could be surprising! Sorry, it's so unsteady ground, I cannot be more precise. Only very typical types can be "lodged" easily enough in their country of origin, because Europeans are in the most of the countries the product of the same mixtures, varying only in proportions, so at the individual level a lot of intermediary types can pass in a lot of places.
without guarantee of any government!

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed answer!
So basically I'm not "typical" of any region exactly but just pan-mediterranean (?) That makes sense. Do you have any idea which phenotypes, other than Mediterranean, influence my features (Alpine, pontid, etc.?)
Also, are you saying that I pass in France and GB? Or do I just pass in Southern European countries in general?
Just wondering what countries you think of just by looking at me

Thanks again for your answer!

All that are personal speculation.
Yes, you could pass also in France and G-B and Belgium (more in France), but you could be of another country too even if outside the regions I mentioned you would be less and less representative. The bones structure of your head is the dominant factor, I think. The other influences on flesh (pigmentation is too uncertain on pictures) are too tiny for I could tell a strong influence of other phenotypes sorry. "Pontid" is a unprecise concept I don't manage too much. All that is superficial analysis, don't put too much importance in it.
I repeat individual european phenotypes can be found almost everywhere in Europe, but in different percentages. I can guess ethnicity of a group of 20 persons (an yet, regions of Europe overlap one over another very often). Spite for the most closer to Central-Northern Frenchmen I know true Bretons who can pass as Sardinian, Scandinavian, Bavarian or Czech (not the same man of course!) more often - because mixed - as Irish or Welsh.
I cannot do better. Good afternoon.

Hi again

Hi everyone! I have other photos and I would love to know where you think I can pass? (atypical or typical)
Thanks I appreciate it.

Thanks!

In Canada, US, Australia, London, etc.

Thanks, but anyone could pass in those countries lol. I meant more like countries with defined native ethnic identities.

Anyone else has any idea where I can pass?

This thread has been viewed 5488 times.

Back