Valerius

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Romania+Bulgaria
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-Y134099 - Romania
mtDNA haplogroup
HV (T16311C!)
I want to ask about something odd in my results - it turns out that my Y-DNA is E-PF4428 (0.1% of all the people in the website) which is, if im understanding correctly, E1B1B1B2A1B, a.k.a. M123. The website says: "This branch is not accompanied by a major movement on the map, and research on this branch is continuing."
Its strange because its not even an european lineage so im wondering how this line end up in my family? I was reading in Eupedia and elsewhere that this line was brought to Europe by the Phoenicians and then redistributed by the Romans around the empire. My male line is of Vlach origin, so is that a sign of some roman colonists/veterans? This line is like 1.9% from the population here in Bulgaria and im still kinda confused about the historical background so ill be happy to hear other peoples thoughts.

Second, the autosomal part from the results says that I have 12% "Arabia" admixture, which should be connected to my haplogroup but if this line came here like 2000 years ago is it still possible to have this 12% admixture? Ive heard that these admixtures are vanishing with each generation and the autosomal part of the test says that is based on the last 6 generations and if there was even one foreign person in these 6 generations there should be exactly 12% of his admixture. So im wondering about these 12% "Arabia" admixture - are they sign of some near event in the last 6 generations or its just leftover genetic material from like 2000 years of some roman guy? The Roman scenario is plausible because the male line is of Vlach origin and I dont know about any people of Middle Eastern origin in the whole Vlach community but ill be interested to hear other people about that.

Hello there
Mine were kinda confusing too, for my region admixture it said I have 23% Southwest european admixture, Spain? Second highest after East European and non from Italy or south European and I'm from Bosnia, that's weird.
And for my y dna it said 1.1% of people have this marker and it's Iz63 the I1 haplogroup, and mtdna H5c 0.1% of participants have it. That's an awfully low number out of 840,000....

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, lots of weird stuff are popping out with the Dna researches. But for the Balkans the only real autosomal results are South Europe and East Europe, everything else is a matter of random-like interpretations as I see it. When I wrote the first post I wasn't aknowledged on the matter with the autosomal stuff but now I know that the Middle Eastern genes are historically part of the South euro cluster and they are most likely Neolithic.
Is your haplogroup from the northern branches or it's from the oldet variations? If it is from the nordic versions you could have some Goth/Gepid/Herul ancestor, should be kinda exotic for the Balkans but possible. But it is well known that the mountain populations are containing some really old ancestries, in our case the ancestries predating the Slavic migration.

Sent from my LG-P710 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

I just got my results for National Geographic Geno 2.0 NG, and I do not think the Regional Ancestry (autosomal) analysis is accurate.

I am half Calabrese (both paternal grandparents emigrated from Vibo Valentia area circa 1930), 1/4 Irish (ancestry traced directly to Ireland circa 1880), and 1/4 English (Sheffield circa 1850 & Quaker line dated back to William Penn).

My paternal haplogroup is G2a3b1a -- or in the strange lingo of Geno 2.0 NG, this is "G-PF6863," with markers at M201, P15, L30, P303, L140.

My maternal haplogroup is HV16.

According to their results, I am 2% Eastern African???!!! Unless this is supposed to represent a deep genetic "signal" from 45,000 years ago, I do not see how this is at all possible. Or is this related to their goofy note, "Point of Interest: Some descendant branches [of maternal HV] that are now part of the populations of East Africa were introduced by the Arab slave trade of the last two millennia"

Perhaps this indicates some kind of Jewish ancestry? That is, perhaps with the Islamic conquest some 50 generations ago, Jews from Alexandria may have fled to Italy (with the Nile serving as genetic highway between Ethiopia & Alexandria???)

But what makes this result seem to me so anomalous, however, is that I do not show any North African or Arabian ancestry. However, I supposedly have 4% Jewish Diaspora.

These are my complete results.

38% Western European
37% Italy & Southern European
9% Eastern Europe (I suppose this might reflect Viking influence on Northern England & Ireland???)
6% West Mediterranean
4% Jewish Diaspora
3% Asia Minor
1.4% Neanderthal

I just received my results, and I do not believe the Regional Ancestry findings. I am 1/2 Calabrese (both grandparents emigrated to Philadelphia, USA, from Vibo Valentia area in early 1930s), 1/4 Irish (emigration circa 1885), and 1/4 English (emigration from Sheffield circa 1850, and other part of line is Quaker circa 1680)

However, according to Geno 2.0 Next Generation, my Regional Ancestry is 2% Eastern African???

My Y-haplogroup is presumably G2a3b1a -- website says "G-PF6863"??? -- with markers at M201, P15, L30, P303, L140

mtDNA haplogroup is HV16

My complete Regional Ancestry results are as follows:

38% Northwestern Europe
37% Italy & Southern Europe
9% Eastern Europe (I suspect this is a geographically imprecise way of saying I have Viking ancestry???)
6% Western Europe
4% Jewish Diaspora
2% Eastern Africa

Is the 2% Eastern Africa supposed to represent a genetic "signal" from 45,000 years ago?

Or does this have something to do with their inane "Point of Interest" comment about mtDNA branch HV, "Some descendant branches that are now part of the populations of East Africa were introduced by the Arab slave trade of the last two millennia."

Or is this somehow connected to my reputed "4% Jewish Diaspora" lineage? Perhaps Jews migrated from Alexandria to Calabria in the wake of the Islamic Conquest some 50 generations ago , with the Nile having served as a genetic highway from Ethiopia to Alexandria

And yet it seems anomalous for me to have 2% Eastern Africa ancestry, but no North Africa or Arabian

Again, I do not trust these results

Can anybody here make sense of this?

My paternal-lineage R-F1749 (a branch of R-M269 aka R1b1a1a2) and my maternal-lineage H6a1b, are both 0.1% of the 834,322 participants. I am super rare!

My autosomal is 90% Italian/Southern European. Going into this, I was expecting to be more heterogeneous, but I'm actually very homogeneous. The rest is 4% Northwest European, 4% Northeastern European, and 2% Eastern European. My neanderthal admixture is 1.4% out of a population average of 1.3%, according to the test. It said my first reference population was Greek, and my second was Tuscan. Which I thought was kind of odd, because my autosomal looked like it was closer to Tuscan in the percentages. I guess its because my southern european DNA is more particularly composed of clades that are ancient Greek, from the settlement of Grecia Magna.

I just received my results, and I do not believe the Regional Ancestry findings. I am 1/2 Calabrese (both grandparents emigrated to Philadelphia, USA, from Vibo Valentia area in early 1930s), 1/4 Irish (emigration circa 1885), and 1/4 English (emigration from Sheffield circa 1850, and other part of line is Quaker circa 1680)

However, according to Geno 2.0 Next Generation, my Regional Ancestry is 2% Eastern African???

My Y-haplogroup is presumably G2a3b1a -- website says "G-PF6863"??? -- with markers at M201, P15, L30, P303, L140

mtDNA haplogroup is HV16

My complete Regional Ancestry results are as follows:

38% Northwestern Europe
37% Italy & Southern Europe
9% Eastern Europe (I suspect this is a geographically imprecise way of saying I have Viking ancestry???)
6% Western Europe
4% Jewish Diaspora
2% Eastern Africa

Is the 2% Eastern Africa supposed to represent a genetic "signal" from 45,000 years ago?

Or does this have something to do with their inane "Point of Interest" comment about mtDNA branch HV, "Some descendant branches that are now part of the populations of East Africa were introduced by the Arab slave trade of the last two millennia."

Or is this somehow connected to my reputed "4% Jewish Diaspora" lineage? Perhaps Jews migrated from Alexandria to Calabria in the wake of the Islamic Conquest some 50 generations ago , with the Nile having served as a genetic highway from Ethiopia to Alexandria

And yet it seems anomalous for me to have 2% Eastern Africa ancestry, but no North Africa or Arabian

Again, I do not trust these results

Can anybody here make sense of this?

Perhaps it is from the Quaker side that has been in the U.S. since 1680. A lot of Americans that have been here from colonial times, sometimes have slight admixture from former-African slaves or Native Americans. Had it been accompanied by north African and Arabian, I would have suggested it was from the Italian side.

This thread has been viewed 6174 times.

Back