Gulf Arab women

No surprise indeed: the most of Arab women have light eyes... (someones helped by lence)
That said, these ones are very "charmant", but no anthropologic work can be made upon this kind of selection.

No surprise indeed: the most of Arab women have light eyes... (someones helped by lence)
That said, these ones are very "charmant", but no anthropologic work can be made upon this kind of selection.

LOL, what dream is this

North of the Zargos mountains contain the bulk of light eyes and Arabs are not part of this ethnicity in the middle-East.

Persians, Kurds, Armenians, Kuwaits, Saudis, Assyrians, old Levant ( north and South ) are not Arabs

LOL, what dream is this

North of the Zargos mountains contain the bulk of light eyes and Arabs are not part of this ethnicity in the middle-East.

Persians, Kurds, Armenians, Kuwaits, Saudis, Assyrians, old Levant ( north and South ) are not Arabs

I wrote "Arab" in a general meaning; I know concerning the most of countries mentioned above by you, of course (and of course, You know I know). Now, without speaking of the apparition and the diverse meanings taken by the word "arab", I'm astonished you consider Kuwaiti and Saudi as not arabic, in a general sense... maybe a LOL more?

Sorry to rain on this parade, but I've never seen a Saudi or Yemeni or Egyptian woman who has light eyes naturally. It may exist, but the frequency is so small as to be meaningless, and if they're not Arabs, who is?

The women in the picture are obviously wearing light colored contacts. The eyes don't look at all "natural". Even the skin color looks altered.

My hairdresser for years was an Egyptian woman who had emigrated to the U.S. She showed me pictures of herself as a little girl all the way through until her wedding pictures. In all of them she's much, much fairer skinned than she is in real life. She told me it was the norm for pictures to be altered in this way, and for women to use bleaching creams.

In fact, she said that one of the things that she most liked about the U.S. was that she didn't have to be ashamed of, or alter her natural skin tone. She had a complexion and skin tone close to J Lo's, which is gorgeous, not anything to be ashamed of at all. It's absolutely pathetic, imo, that the culture encourages and almost mandates such things.

Sile or Angela why aren't Saudis Arabs? Im curious

????You might want to re-read my post. I said, "if they're not Arabs, who is?", and that was in reference specifically to Saudis, Yemenis, and Egyptians. I could have added others.

Whoops, sorry for the careless wording. I was mainly asking Sile, but wasntrd to tag you along to get your attention since you're "here" and know a lot about anthropology.

Then again I just realized that I had forgotten about that post further up the thread when you asked that question. Lol

Anyway back to the topic, who are the Arabs, Sile?

Anyway back to the topic, who are the Arabs, Sile?

Ancient southern Arabian peninsula tribes which began the arabic language , over time this language spread into ethnic tribes which are not arabic but adopted this new arabic language.

The language only moved to other areas of the middle-east and north-africa basically after the fall of the roman empire and the emergence of islam , without these 2 events, the language called arabic most likely would be extinct or sitting in modern Yemen and south arabia peninsula area

The levant and syria and iraq did not speak arabic in ancient times

@Angela: I'm sure you understood I was joking about light eyes of Arabs and Near-Easterners!
@Sile: Arabs in my broad sense is Semitic; I ought to be more precise, perhaps. But I think kind of Arabic was already spoken in Saudi Arabia lands and in the Gulf. Have you first quality clues about this precise linguistic-ethnic question?

Ancient southern Arabian peninsula tribes which began the arabic language , over time this language spread into ethnic tribes which are not arabic but adopted this new arabic language.

The language only moved to other areas of the middle-east and north-africa basically after the fall of the roman empire and the emergence of islam , without these 2 events, the language called arabic most likely would be extinct or sitting in modern Yemen and south arabia peninsula area

The levant and syria and iraq did not speak arabic in ancient times

Thanks for the elaboration!

Good grief...what's all this hating on women who wear make-up? I don't know a single woman who doesn't wear at least a little...lip gloss, a bit of eye-makeup, tinted moisturizer... The paler you are and the older you are the more necessary it is.

Come now, who can blame her for putting on make-up...

128.jpg

I saw this picture of Heidi Klum recently that instantly made me feel great! :) She definitely needs to wear it, even if not applied with such a heavy hand. She might also want to contact her plastic surgeon to see if he held on to the parts of her nose he removed and if they could be re-attached. :) Was that too mean? No, she's an absolute "witch", so she deserves it.

mt8.jpg

bcd94d061199d54784078f4b20592609.jpg

If the concern is that you're getting deceived, plan a beach or pool date and make sure she goes in the water. It will give her a nice opportunity to see any unsightly stomachs and flabby muscles too, of course. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. :)

matt.jpg

I prescribe a gym membership and calling 1-800-Spray Tan

@Angela: I'm sure you understood I was joking about light eyes of Arabs and Near-Easterners!
@Sile: Arabs in my broad sense is Semitic; I ought to be more precise, perhaps. But I think kind of Arabic was already spoken in Saudi Arabia lands and in the Gulf. Have you first quality clues about this precise linguistic-ethnic question?

Go to hittite scholars who also invest in Assyrian and hatti languges as well as north levant ( phoenician ) and none are found to contain semitic context

IIRC , even Sumer and Ur societies was not semitic

anatolian languages
A long period of time is necessary for Proto-Anatolian to develop into Common Anatolian. Craig Melchert and Alexander Lehrman agreed that a separation date of about 4000 BCE between Proto-Anatolian and the Proto-Indo-Hittite language community seems reasonable. The millennium or so around 4000 BC, say 4500 to 3500 BC, constitutes the latest window within which Proto-Anatolian is likely to have separated.

Phoenicia spoke Luwian and Mitanni languages

and I don't like them either
hiding their true nature behind a facade of make up

I like women with make -up ................I am saying they are not arabs, look more persian on the left and north caucasus on the right

Go to hittite scholars who also invest in Assyrian and hatti languges as well as north levant ( phoenician ) and none are found to contain semitic context

IIRC , even Sumer and Ur societies was not semitic

anatolian languages
A long period of time is necessary for Proto-Anatolian to develop into Common Anatolian. Craig Melchert and Alexander Lehrman agreed that a separation date of about 4000 BCE between Proto-Anatolian and the Proto-Indo-Hittite language community seems reasonable. The millennium or so around 4000 BC, say 4500 to 3500 BC, constitutes the latest window within which Proto-Anatolian is likely to have separated.

Phoenicia spoke Luwian and Mitanni languages

Phoenicians were not semitic speaking? Maybe, but it's new to me... I thought that at least someones spoke a kind of Semitic but who knows?
You did not answer my very question: Arabic was not spoken in Saudi Arabia and the Western Gulf Region until very recent times? It's Southern Yemen Bedawins who colonized recently the Near-East? I 'm longing to your answer.

Phoenicians were not semitic speaking? Maybe, but it's new to me... I thought that at least someones spoke a kind of Semitic but who knows?
You did not answer my very question: Arabic was not spoken in Saudi Arabia and the Western Gulf Region until very recent times? It's Southern Yemen Bedawins who colonized recently the Near-East? I 'm longing to your answer.

I do not know what exactly you want , but I believe the arabic language began in the southern arabian peninsula .

Phoenician lands was controlled by hittite populace for many many centruies prior to any phoenicians being "created". We all know the hittite spoke no semitic language

I do not know what exactly you want , but I believe the arabic language began in the southern arabian peninsula .

Phoenician lands was controlled by hittite populace for many many centruies prior to any phoenicians being "created". We all know the hittite spoke no semitic language

Not too amiable your answer, Sile. Perhaps I mistake it?
here under concerning Phoenician language, from Wikipedia (but I heard of that long ago, long before Wiki)
[--- Phoenician, sometimes identified with Canaanite Hebrew[citation needed], was a language originally spoken in the coastal (Mediterranean) region then called "Canaan" in Phoenician,Arabic, Greek, and Aramaic, "Phoenicia" in Greek and Latin, and "Pūt" in the Egyptian language. It is a part of the Canaanite subgroup of the Northwest Semitic languages. Other members of the family are Hebrew, Ammonite, Moabite and Edomite. [3][4]
The area where Phoenician was spoken includes modern-dayLebanon, coastal Syria, coastal northern Israel, parts of Cyprus and, at least as a prestige language, some adjacent areas of Anatolia.[5]It was also spoken in the area of Phoenician colonization along the coasts of the southwestern Mediterranean Sea, including those of modern Tunisia, Morocco, Libya and Algeria as well as Malta, the west of Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, the Balearic Islands and southernmost Spain.___]

This thread has been viewed 11020 times.

Back