Reaction score
Ethnic group
Latin American
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1b2a1a
mtDNA haplogroup
L1c2b1
Classify or label this Man.

bT9NXyYOK5OL2zZKi00-hKHdGWOpB1iSnhGSbOjeZQD6XiUBfJP_rehPKWFPXdja4Wy_7UkK1luUuf6eThrL7bixR6js_YagVDYoKbW4uIIobeWMUEaGTyi52Tg-GLDIabirW_4wmrJ_3Q5wFXyN3hU4Xty8ELw2zg4kH2g=s0-d-e1-ft

IMG_0915.JPG

CruzJiminian%252C+Felix+Antonio%252C+medico.jpg

Cruz+Jimini%C3%A1n.jpg

JIMIAN.jpg

Obviously a politician?
I could think of a Berid type, "southern mediterranen".

berid.jpg

His face looks too long to me to really fit the supposed "Berid" pattern. Plus, the nose is off isn't it? He looks to me as if he's sort of western Med plus a not insignificant amount of SSA.

So, Moroccan?

Looks hispanic.

His face looks too long to me to really fit the supposed "Berid" pattern. Plus, the nose is off isn't it? He looks to me as if he's sort of western Med plus a not insignificant amount of SSA.

So, Moroccan?

WOW, man you are freaking good

he's actually Dominican

the morphology that you described him is on point and the admixeture, due to the fact that Dominicans are a mix between Mediterranian Europeans and West Africans

and yes he is hispanic from the DR

he's likely predominantly Berid with very little SSA

all of you i agree with

Thanks for the compliment, Dominicanese. :)

I always thought that some admixed Latin Americans looked surprisingly similar to some North Africans, or vice versa. Once I started getting interested in genetics I realized that the reason for that is that both groups result from the admixture of similar ancestral populations.

I've noticed differences among the various "Hispanic" groups as well. It sometimes seems to me that Dominicans, in particular, seem to produce more than their fair share of people with quite "Levant like" features compared to other Hispanics, and even in comparison to other Caribbean groups, and that can appear even with relatively dark skinned Dominicans. A computer guy I was working with a couple of months ago, a Dominican, looked a lot like this Jordanian actor, only with darker skin.

Bassel+Ghandour+BFI+London+Film+Festival+Awards+QLVMI3c84IKl.jpg

That may be my imagination, or just a product of people I happen to have met. You'd know better.

Some kind of Marocan could have fitted him, maybe. But I find his SSA part is very very tiny.

Thanks for the compliment, Dominicanese. :)

I always thought that some admixed Latin Americans looked surprisingly similar to some North Africans, or vice versa. Once I started getting interested in genetics I realized that the reason for that is that both groups result from the admixture of similar ancestral populations.

I've noticed differences among the various "Hispanic" groups as well. It sometimes seems to me that Dominicans, in particular, seem to produce more than their fair share of people with quite "Levant like" features compared to other Hispanics, and even in comparison to other Caribbean groups, and that can appear even with relatively dark skinned Dominicans. A computer guy I was working with a couple of months ago, a Dominican, looked a lot like this Jordanian actor, only with darker skin.

Bassel+Ghandour+BFI+London+Film+Festival+Awards+QLVMI3c84IKl.jpg

That may be my imagination, or just a product of people I happen to have met. You'd know better.

i def agree with that, it must be the West Asian & North African component

Puerto Ricans i think have a higher Nnorth African or arab look just only slightly more than Dominicans

that pic looks very similar to this Puerto Rican guy (Gabriel Paizy)
gabriel-paizy.jpg

ik_o__o_0ie7.jpg

03.jpeg

This thread has been viewed 3942 times.

Back