Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
Post your Eurogenes Steppe K10 results (if you tried this calculator).

I have a very high % of Hindu Kush (6-7 times higher than Polish average from spreadsheet):

Admixture:Tomenable:Average of 11 Poles:
WHG-UHG37.1439.59
Steppe29.5433.87
Near Eastern29.3624.41
Hindu Kush3.320.50
Oceanian0.090.18
Siberian0.050.62
East Asian-0.16
Amerindian0.500.34
Southeast Asian-0.33
Sub-Saharan--

Polish average includes 11 samples: 10H, 11H, 12H, 13H, 14H, 15H, 16H, 6H, 7H, 8H, 9H.

Here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cmhWtsYv0p39avjqM-G3-6Xew/edit#gid=1809893991

How To:
It’s not complicated. You guys can do it very quickly. Let’s try a last time.

So forget the “readme”. Just follow the steps below.

Let’s presume that LeBrok tested in 23andMe, and that Fluffy tested in FTDNA. LeBrok will download his 23andMe raw data and name the file as LeBrok.txt , while Fluffy will download his FTDNA raw data (Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated) and name the file as Fluffy.csv . Both using Windows.

Download SteppeK10.zip (save icon - an arrow in top right): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-X...lRSkcwV0k/view

Extract the files into a folder called SteppeK10, in C:/ . Now you have the folder C:/SteppeK10 , right? Inside it, the files DIYDodecadWin.exe , standardize.r , Steppe.10.F , Steppe.alleles , steppe.par , Steppe.txt .

LeBrok and Fluffy will put the files LeBrok.txt and Fluffy.csv into the folder C:/SteppeK10, respectively.

Download R software: http://cran.utstat.utoronto.ca/bin/w...-3.3.1-win.exe
Install* this program in English and using default options (if you don’t know how to do it, just ask). After that, run it (click in the icon “R x.. 3.3.1” in Desktop).
*I installed just the 64 bits version.

Once R is running, click in “File” (top left), then click in “Change dir”. Select the folder C:/SteppeK10 and click in “ok”.

Do you see the R console? After the “>” character, type the command below and press Enter:
source('standardize.r')

Now:
a. LeBrok, who tested hypothetically with 23andMe, will type the command below, press Enter and wait til he can type anything again:
standardize('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe')

b. Fluffy will do that with this command:
standardize('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')

Finally, you both will type the command below and wait results show up:
system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')

Last edited by a moderator:
Population

South Asian 0.30
Caucasus 23.11
Southwest Asian13.85
North Amerindian +Arctic -
Siberian-
Mediterranean 29.64
East Asian 0.28
West African 2.25
East European 7.40
North Atlantic 23.17

I am not sure if we are using same calculator but it says Eurogenes k10 (no steppe) but this is using different terms re populations.

Are you sure this is from Eurogenes? Anyways I can't find it on GEDmatch.

Can't find calculator.....

Italian (north)

Father's - v4: 17196 SNPs missing (no-call or absent)

44.78% Near_Eastern
0.01% East_Asian
0.00% Siberian
0.49% Oceanian
28.84% WHG-UHG
0.00% Sub-Saharan
7.00% Hindu_Kush
18.85% Steppe
0.03% Amerindian
0.01% Southeast_Asian

Mother's - v4: 17150 SNPs missing

44.34% Near_Eastern
0.00% East_Asian
0.00% Siberian
0.02% Oceanian
30.09% WHG-UHG
0.03% Sub-Saharan
4.15% Hindu_Kush
20.59% Steppe
0.73% Amerindian
0.04% Southeast_Asian

Mine - 23andMe - v4: 17288 SNPs missing

45.57% Near_Eastern
0.00% East_Asian
0.00% Siberian
0.00% Oceanian
28.27% WHG-UHG
0.00% Sub-Saharan
7.02% Hindu_Kush
18.72% Steppe
0.41% Amerindian
0.00% Southeast_Asian

Mine - FTDNA

45.82% Near_Eastern
0.00% East_Asian
0.02% Siberian
0.00% Oceanian
27.91% WHG-UHG
0.00% Sub-Saharan
7.41% Hindu_Kush
18.59% Steppe
0.22% Amerindian
0.03% Southeast_Asian

Can't find the readme.txt file. Please, help.
Sorry! Wrong link.

SteppeK10: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XBmvmgdkfVM2RRRHlRSkcwV0k/view

I used R software for Windows. See the "readme": https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7AJcY18g2GaZGU4OWQ5OWItMzY2NC00NzI1LWIzNWMtMzUxYWI4NjRmMTlk/view

A summary based on the readme file:

1 - Download, install and run R software.

2 - "Once R is running, it will give you a command prompt where you can enter commands. First, you must change the directory to your working directory.
You can do this from the File -> Change dir menu in Windows"

3 - At the R prompt, enter:
source('standardize.r')

"This loads a small program that will convert your data from the
company-specific format to a common format in the next step."

4 - At the R prompt, enter:
a. If you have 23andMe data (either v2 or v3 chip):
standardize('yourgenome.txt', company='23andMe')

b. if you have Family Finder data (Illumina chip only):
standardize('yourgenome.csv', company='ftdna')

5 - At the R prompt, enter:
system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')

I have a very high % of Hindu Kush (6-7 times higher than Polish average from spreadsheet):

The Hindu Kush corresponds roughly to the Gedrosian admixture in Dodecad and is surely linked to the Steppe PIE too. In this calculator Yamna is 100% Steppe by definition, but eastern Yamna samples didn't yield any R1b-L11, so the Hindu Kush may have come from western Yamna, Kemi-Obla and Maykop. That would make sense since Hindu Kush admixture is quite high in the Caucasus today. Corded Ware samples had between 0% and 8% of Hindu Kush, and German Bell Beaker samples between 0% and 16%.

I ran six Belgian genomes and the Steppe + Hindu Kush was consistently around 26%. Hindu Kush alone was between 3.5% and 7%, but with an average of 5.5% (slightly more than the British samples in the spreadsheet, which range between 1.5% and 6%). So Belgians have considerably more 'Gedrosian' than Poles, which isn't surprising if it was diffused by R1b Proto-Indo-Europeans. After all the Gedrosian admixture is higher in R1b than R1a countries and peaks in Britain and Ireland within Europe.

What in means in your case is that you have more R1b ancestry than the average Poles, which could mean more Celtic, ancient Germanic or medieval/recent German ancestors.

Gedrosian-admixture.gif

I noticed that Pamiri Tajiks have on average over 40% of Hindu Kush.

They also score a lot of Steppe (Yamnaya) and European Mesolithic (WHG-UHG), as well as Early Neolithic Farmer (Near Eastern).

Amazingly, they only score few % of East Asian, despite living near the border of China:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cmhWtsYv0p39avjqM-G3-6Xew/edit#gid=1809893991

Pamir.png

Check the boundaries of the historical region of Pamir:

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/tajikistan/page3.htm

PamirBoundaries.jpg

Several photos of Pamiri Tajiks (most of them look very Western Eurasian indeed):

farangees.jpg
Pamiri_man.png

Pamiri_girl.png
woman_upper_roshtkala.jpg
P1210047_001.jpg

Pamiri_faces_8.jpg
yodgor.jpg

Check also my classification thread, in which some people classified a Pamiri girl as European:

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/32338-Guess-her-ethnicity-and-region

"Steppe" component in Eurogenes Steppe K10 is basically the same as "Afanasievo-Yamnaya" component from Gedrosia Eurasia K14 (which is available on GEDmatch), only multiplied by 1,3. For example I score 22,84 "Afanasievo-Yamnaya" in K14, and 29,54 "Steppe" in K10. One Iranian guy scores 9,33 "Afanasievo-Yamnaya" in K14, and 12,48 "Steppe" in K10. So if you don't know how to use Steppe K10, just check how much Yamnaya do you score in Eurasia K14 - and multiply by 1,3 - you will get your "Steppe".

In Eurasia K14 I also score 3,66 percent of "Kalash", which is probably similar to "Hindu Kush" from K10.

How much of "Gedrosia" do Kalash people score? The Kalash are similar to the Baloch people, IIRC.

What in means in your case is that you have more R1b ancestry than the average Poles, which could mean more Celtic, ancient Germanic or medieval/recent German ancestors.

Yes, it is possible.

Alternatively, it could also be from "southerners" (e.g. groups of Armenians who settled in Poland in the Middle Ages and later). I wonder if other Poles from my region also have elevated levels of this, compared to average for the whole country.

Sorry, double post. Please delete this one.

I make it a point to live by "If you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras."

Well, unless you're in Africa. Then, in most places, reverse it.

my results:

Near_Eastern ----- 44.35%
Hindu_Kush ----- 35.31%
Steppe ----- 13.35%
WHG-UHG ----- 2.94%
Siberian ----- 1.23%
Amerindian ------ 1.11%
Southeast_Asian ----- 0.92%
East_Asian ----- 0.36%
Sub-Saharan ----- 0.25%
Oceanian ----- 0.17%

abc.jpg

Hindu_Kush has to be native Iranid/Aryan (Iranian Plateau neolithic) component. It is high among the Iranian people. Near_Eastern has to be partly Anatolian farmer, partly CHG, partly Levant.

BMAC Aryans who invaded Northern India were full of Hindu_Kush component.

Steppe + WHG-UHG ancestry in me has to be brought by people who brought Y-DNA hg. I2a and E-V13 to Kurdistan from the Steppes/Europe not so long time ago at the time of or after the Medes

I think all other is nothing but noise..

my results:

Near_Eastern ----- 44.35%
Hindu_Kush ----- 35.31%
Steppe ----- 13.35%
WHG-UHG ----- 2.94%
Siberian ----- 1.23%
Amerindian ------ 1.11%
Southeast_Asian ----- 0.92%
East_Asian ----- 0.36%
Sub-Saharan ----- 0.25%
Oceanian ----- 0.17%

View attachment 8039

I will later compare your results to one modern Iranian and one Medieval Iranian ("Iran_recent" from Lazaridis 2016).

"Iran_recent" was a woman who lived around 500-600 years ago (she was dated to 1430–1485 AD) near Ganj Dareh.

==============

Can you post also your Gedrosia Eurasia K14 results (this calculator can be found on Gedmatch)?

Because I'm not sure if "Iran_recent" can be used with Steppe K10. But it can with Eurasia K14.

==============

By the way, "Iran_recent" has been uploaded to Gedmatch - it is kit T637158.

I will later compare your results to one modern Iranian and one Medieval Iranian ("Iran_recent" from Lazaridis 2016).

"Iran_recent" was a woman who lived around 500-600 years ago (she was dated to 1430–1485 AD) near Ganj Dareh.

==============

Can you post also your Gedrosia Eurasia K14 results (this calculator can be found on Gedmatch)?

Because I'm not sure if "Iran_recent" can be used with Steppe K10. But it can with Eurasia K14.
Nice. Take your time.

There are 2 (two) Gedrosia Eurasia K14 calculators on Gedmatch. "Eurasia K14" and "Eurasia K14 Neolithic". Which one do you want?

In general Gedrosia is together with Caucasus my 'highest' components.

"Eurasia K14" and "Eurasia K14 Neolithic". Which one do you want?

The "Neolithic" one. I suppose that you will score about 10% of "Afanasievo_Yamnaya" in it.

The "Neolithic" one. I suppose that you will score about 10% of "Afanasievo_Yamnaya" in it.
Close.

bcd.jpg

I don't know why, but so called 'Kalash' and 'S_Indian' are higher. This calculator is nonsense.

+ according to this calculator I'm closest to Hungarian_BA fellas. This calculator is way off...

After all the Gedrosian admixture is higher in R1b than R1a countries.
Maybe in Europe, but on the Iranian Plateau and South Central Asia Gedrosia auDNA correspondents very well with R1a (& J2a). Well, it peaks in so called 'Gedrosia' area and that is in southeast Iran / northwest Pakistan. Birthplace of R1a* ??? , and maybe even R1*...

This thread has been viewed 49315 times.

Back