Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-m458(L260)
mtDNA haplogroup
U4b1b1
how would you classify this person, and do you know who he is?

armand assant 3.jpgarmand assante 1.jpg

how would you classify this person, and do you know who he is?

View attachment 8091View attachment 8092

I can't play because I know who he is. Sorry. I think if I classify him I'll also give it away.

I think he's stunning...
9c5a627caada948f0141ed94f5ff6a62.jpg

yes I thought you would Angela :D. I really like him too, his movies are great.

This is how I imagine Italian being like...

Is he dinaric?

Spanish?..............

A.S 1.jpg

This is Armand Assante, he is an American Actor from Cornwall, New York. His father was an Italian American, i believe with ancestry from around Naples, and his mother was Irish american. To me he looks mainly southern Italian but in some pictures as the one above he has a bit of an Irish shape to his face and head a bit if that makes sense...Hes a great actor, I especially love him in the film Kidnapped!

kidnapped.jpg

Dinaric-Mediterranean

Spanish?..............

It could be, when I saw it I found it familiar, it reminded me of someone I've known specifically Aragon.

To avoid having to open another thread, classifies this man.

He looks very Mediterranean to me. At most angles I think he looks very Italian, which has unfortunately meant that he's often been type cast by Hollywood playing mobsters. Not that he hasn't been excellent in those roles, mind you. He did get to play other kinds of parts too. One was in a movie where he played Napoleon, and he was in 1492, and Kidnapped, as has been said.

In that third picture he looks very Spanish to me, as Maleth and Carlos guessed. The picture is from a film where he played a Cuban band leader. It's called The Mambo Kings and also featured Antonio Banderas. It doesn't get much better than that for me. :) He was able, in that picture, to also showcase his musical talent. He's an excellent violinist, apparently, on top of everything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0GfyPZRnw

@Carlos,
Unfortunately, his name appears when you click to enlarge.

@Dagne,
It's a very Italian look, but it's not the only Italian look. We have a lot of variation.

He looks very Mediterranean to me. At most angles I think he looks very Italian, which has unfortunately meant that he's often been type cast by Hollywood playing mobsters. Not that he hasn't been excellent in those roles, mind you. He did get to play other kinds of parts too. One was in a movie where he played Napoleon, and he was in 1492, and Kidnapped, as has been said.

In that third picture he looks very Spanish to me, as Maleth and Carlos guessed. The picture is from a film where he played a Cuban band leader. It's called The Mambo Kings and also featured Antonio Banderas. It doesn't get much better than that for me. :) He was able, in that picture, to also showcase his musical talent. He's an excellent violinist, apparently, on top of everything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0GfyPZRnw

@Carlos,
Unfortunately, his name appears when you click to enlarge.

@Dagne,
It's a very Italian look, but it's not the only Italian look. We have a lot of variation.

yes he has a very Italian look considering that hes only half. However, i could also see him well as a frenchman from southern france. Hes got a great face though for dramatic roles, im suprised hes not more famous than he is.

yes he has a very Italian look considering that hes only half. However, i could also see him well as a frenchman from southern france. Hes got a great face though for dramatic roles, im suprised hes not more famous than he is.

Yes, southern French or Spanish as well, as others have said. Maybe it was because of Hollywood typecasting. He also had a very urban U.S. kind of voice, and it seems that unlike a lot of actors he wasn't able to alter it very much.

I think the Italian/Belgian actor Fabrizio Rongione has similar eyes and nose, but the resemblance is only from certain angles.

tve115157-3303-20061213-0.jpg

The Italians and the French share a border and borders are porous. :)

Jean Claude Killy and Claudio Marchisio-not so different I think, although certainly not identical
CL56756.jpg

claudio-marchisio-of-italy-poses-during-the-official-fifa-world-cup-picture-id100964224

Actually, Stefano Casiraghi, who was all northern Italian, unlike Marchisio, is probably closer. So sad what happened to him...
4635227973_58b543d853_z.jpg

005e83b2fa01b4c4f13a2ae09bd9a15b.jpg

Attachments

• GettyImages-467493434-940x742.jpg
    GettyImages-467493434-940x742.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It could be, when I saw it I found it familiar, it reminded me of someone I've known specifically Aragon.

indeed, and I said it so promptly as it reminds me of a Spanish friend from Valencia....nearly spitting image accept he got short hair. :)

This thread has been viewed 12142 times.

Back