G2a3a
mtDNA haplogroup
X2b
Anyone knows about truffles?

tuber melanosposrum
tuber magnatum
tuber aestivum

I want to make a small plantation,

Alas, I know more about cooking and eating them than growing them. :)

However, I do know that you need to plant or have oak and/or hazelnut trees, and of course the alkaline soil in which to grow them. I suppose you could make it alkaline with some crushed limestone, but you would need to know the correct amounts.

I thought there was quite a push in the EU to cultivate them? Surely, they've published some guides? I think you'd need some specialized guidance, because they're temperamental.

I don't know how it is in Greece, but in Italy it's rare that you get to go out with a truffle hunter, because they're very secretive about "their" places.

Alas, I know more about cooking and eating them than growing them. :)

However, I do know that you need to plant or have oak and/or hazelnut trees, and of course the alkaline soil in which to grow them. I suppose you could make it alkaline with some crushed limestone, but you would need to know the correct amounts.

I thought there was quite a push in the EU to cultivate them? Surely, they've published some guides? I think you'd need some specialized guidance, because they're temperamental.

I don't know how it is in Greece, but in Italy it's rare that you get to go out with a truffle hunter, because they're very secretive about "their" places.

yup

soil is ok, height is low, 45 m above sea,
oak is not eatableand white hazelnut is not a good product, so I am looking for almond and cherry plants with mikoriza, plus a combo with 1 oak 4-6 olive trees
oak and olive tree truffles give much production, and olive tree protects them well,
does anyone know a testified laboratory that has almond or cherry trees poluted with mikoriza

All Iknow is that at Ancona is the oldest and biggest plantation in Europe.

do you already have a pig to dig them out ?

No,
I wish to, but it is very difficult to have one here,
Labrantor and Griffon are very good also,
I have seen a pointer from Italy that is here, and is fantastic,
but most hunters suggest labrador and Griffon, lagotto and Korhals,

I am a beginer,
bored with kiwi production,
and want to start an easier one,
so I am searching for a certified lab that polutes almond, cherry, with mucoriza
otherwise I will go to the mix of oak hazelnut and linden,

No,
I wish to, but it is very difficult to have one here,
Labrantor and Griffon are very good also,
I have seen a pointer from Italy that is here, and is fantastic,
but most hunters suggest labrador and Griffon, lagotto and Korhals,

I am a beginer,
bored with kiwi production,
and want to start an easier one,
so I am searching for a certified lab that polutes almond, cherry, with mucoriza
otherwise I will go to the mix of oak hazelnut and linden,

Bored with kiwi? Yetos, try with the "grass" of Lazarati.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be very careful about where you get the michorizzed plants. Everything connected with truffles in Europe is cut throat. I'd also investigate how much it would cost to irrigate the plots and enclose them. In Toscana wild boars are a terrible, perennial problem.

I would think all you need to do is a simple google search on Greek google. For example, this is a page in Italian google with a lot of sources. Finding out if they're reliable sources is another matter. If the company would ship to Europe I'd say investigate the American suppliers as well.
https://www.google.it/#q=dove+si+puo+comprare+le+piante+per+tartufo

I think it's mostly dogs that are used now. I was told the pigs love truffles so much they can sometimes take a bite out of them. Plus, it's much more difficult to go long distances with a pig than with a dog. Trained dogs cost the earth, though.

The Lagotto is a great dog, but they need a lot of socializing and exercise. They also obviously love water, so if you have a pond or stream you have to expect the dog to constantly be in and out of the water, which means cleaning them up, because they pine if they're not allowed indoors with you. They also obviously love to dig, so not a good idea if you're trying to maintain a golf green type of lawn.

http://www.lagottous.com/page-18071

I do love them. Look at this face: that's them in a nutshell; intelligent, alert, but so sweet and gentle.

painting2a.jpg

You could swear there's a human intelligence behind those eyes:
Helline+%25284+of+5%2529.jpg

I mean, who wouldn't want to take this little guy home? :)

09897d23647c261bb9becfc37f80137a.jpg

Last edited:
Bored with kiwi? Yetos, try with the "grass" of Lazarati.

I do not want to be 'dump and dumper'.

Pot was used by scythians, as part of a healing ritual,
and many other culture,
but producing canabis, I think is stupidity,
imagine your shelf in a plantation, all day smelling that thing,
alzheimer for sure, and loss of consious and mind certainly,

I do not have enough land, 2500 m2 +1000 m2
I worked the kiwi alone, for 15 years,
but need a lot of work, and very expencive chemicals, like liquid iron Fe, Κ,
liguid iron can multiply x4 the production,
they got old, so I must
either rest the field and restart,
either turn to something different,
or pay more and more chemicals,

kiwi is a fantastic fruit that has a lot of minerals, and 1 kiwi = 3 oranges for vitamin C
anyway it is not suggested to eat more than 3 per day.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be very careful about where you get the michorizzed plants. Everything connected with truffles in Europe is cut throat. I'd also investigate how much it would cost to irrigate the plots and enclose them. In Toscana wild boars are a terrible, perennial problem.

I know, there have been many charlatans here, selling mucorized plants, but the truffle was the African one, or other mucoriza,
truffle is a plantation and a commerce that most people do not know,
they said that they manage to mucorize olive trees and wholnut tree, but was a hoax, cause was not the known truffles.

because I had kiwi, all the field has fence, and irrigation by drop,
All I have to do is put worms, a lot of water, and cover it with plastic/naylon for 1 summer, so all the fertile/organic soil to be digested, and discontaminated, sterilizing the soil.

the main problem is that height is only 45 above sea, and summer temperatures reach above 38 C about 10-20 days per year, max measured 42 C phenomena of decade, 44 of 30 years.
the main thing is to find few mucorized well plants,
in 5 years if they give, then you infect rest plants, and in 10-15 years you have production, which the older they are, the better the truffles.

about dogs,
my sister has a fine 'tiger'
orange with black stripes, mix of Jurasian hunting dog (Juras-Gekas), and Jack russell

This thread has been viewed 4891 times.

Back