New page dedicated to famous members of mtDNA haplogroups

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Why are there no U individuals?

I have been looking frantically for famous U members, but apart two of our Eupedia moderators (Angela and Sparkey), I haven't found any celebrity yet.

Good job and great work!! :) Hopefully some famous U individuals turn up.

For Haplogroup U: If Ötzi is a famous representative of Haplogroup K, surely Cheddar Man can be a famous representative of Haplogroup U?

Fine juxtaposition, but... what it gives us, eccept of fertilizer for mythomans?
The sense is similar, if we would present together people who are lefthanded
or righthanded, with red, black, brown, dark and light blond hair or according
to some genetic diseases or eye colour or according to their height... Acually
some of these collections could have even more sense than famous mts.

Fine juxtaposition, but... what it gives us, eccept of fertilizer for mythomans?
The sense is similar, if we would present together people who are lefthanded
or righthanded, with red, black, brown, dark and light blond hair or according
to some genetic diseases or eye colour or according to their height... Acually
some of these collections could have even more sense than famous mts.

Mitochondria are the powerhouses of cells. MtDNA plays a vital role in energy production, but also in cellular pH, longevity, stamina, and several diseases. In every way it is much more important than the traits you listed.

For Haplogroup U: If Ötzi is a famous representative of Haplogroup K, surely Cheddar Man can be a famous representative of Haplogroup U?

Yes, but he doesn't look so nice in picture. ;) Too bad I was at the Natural History Museum in London a few days ago, but I forgot to take a picture of him. Anyway according to Jean Manco his DNA test was probably contaminated and his results aren't reliable. Still I'd bet he was a U5 member, but who knows he might be a U5b. U2, U4, U8 are also all possible.

Ötzi is also more famous. Even Brad Pitt got a tattoo of him on his arm.

-tzi-the-iceman-tattoo-photo-u1.jpg

otzibradpitt.jpg

Mitochondria are the powerhouses of cells. MtDNA plays a vital role in energy production, but also in cellular pH, longevity, stamina, and several diseases. In every way it is much more important than the traits you listed.

Most people aren't sufficiently aware of this.

My first surprise when I was tested was that I was U2e. The second surprise was how many mutations it had undergone. I was intrigued enough to have the full genome of it done and then analyzed. The amount of information on it, and the number of studies discussing the implications of each mutation for so many aspects of my life was rather astounding.

The X chromosome, which is rarely discussed, also contains a wealth of coding information.

He probably would have sported a hat "Make America great again"

He was fully ENF, with very little WHG or EHG ancestry.

Isn't supporting Trump associated with HG ancestry? :unsure:

Are Sardinian-Americans usually for Trump or Clinton?

===================================

He was "White" not "Brown Inside" (= WHG-descended).

The closest you're going to get is Italian-Americans, who are leaning Trump at about the same percentage as other white Americans, with the exception of the Irish. Have your forgotten that study already?

If you want to find Otzi look-alikes just go to the Tyrol in Austria. They're all over the place.

35f8a86b7dbc9ba3638e5b270bd7ace9.jpg

portrait-of-an-old-tyrolean-rifleman-with-moustache-and-traditional-picture-id82091956

Is it possible that when Otzi was young he looked like this gorgeous specimen...Hans Perathoner...Tyrolean sculptor? Probably not. But I digress, sorry. Couldn't help it. :)

d22320c586311305272994e872933810.jpg

Ok, But I was writing in the context of famousness.
If it would be a list of profits which gave possesion
of such and such mt, ok, then it would be totally
different story.

This thread has been viewed 11311 times.

Back