Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-S185
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2b
Maciamo are you creating new maps about the distinction between Sardinian I2 and Balkan I2?

I could, but it's not very useful considering that almost all the I2a1 in Slavic countries is I2a1b, and the greatest part of I2a1 in western Europe is I2a1a. I don't have enough detailed data for I2a1 subclades in Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany or France to clearly divide the two subclades in the east-west boundary. That's the main reason why I haven't made separate maps yet.

I could, but it's not very useful considering that almost all the I2a1 in Slavic countries is I2a1b, and the greatest part of I2a1 in western Europe is I2a1a. I don't have enough detailed data for I2a1 subclades in Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany or France to clearly divide the two subclades in the east-west boundary. That's the main reason why I haven't made separate maps yet.
Can you please make a map that separate I2a-Din-N from I2a-Din-S ...

Sent from my SM-J500F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

It would be nice that Slavic/Dinaric I2a1b2-L621 have separated, more detailed phylogenetic tree at Eupedia's web site in the near future. :)

This thread has been viewed 8991 times.

Back