New page dedicated to the genetics of Starcevo–Körös–Cris culture

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have created a new page dedicated to the genetics of Starcevo–Körös–Cris culture, which represents the advance of Near Eastern Neolithic farmers from Anatolia to Southeast Europe. As usual, I have also included a summary of the cultural and socio-economic features relating to that archaeological culture.

Informative map, the western limit coincides with the Dinaric mountains and the area with high levels of rainfall (which don't allow agriculture), the eastern limit is the sea and the Pontic steppe, and the north limit is the Pannonian steppe... but west Ukraine is not justified by natural limits for farming...

Informative map, the western limit coincides with the Dinaric mountains and the area with high levels of rainfall (which don't allow agriculture), the eastern limit is the sea and the Pontic steppe, and the north limit is the Pannonian steppe... but west Ukraine is not justified by natural limits for farming...

West Ukraine was colonised later by the Cucuteni-Trypillian culture, which sprouted out of the Cris culture, just like LBK evolved from the Starcevo culture. This map really shows the first phase of Neolithic advance into Europe. That's why I included the map showing the later historical context too.

early_middle_neolithic_map.png

In fact it wouldn't be better to show your map about LBK? it seems that they runned there faster...

LBK_culture.jpg

This thread has been viewed 8564 times.

Back