Should NATO reconfigure its alliances?

Should NATO reconfigure its alliances

• Total voters

Petros Agapetos

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Armenian {South Caucasian}
Do you think NATO is obsolete, now that the Soviet Union doesn't exist?
Do you support that NATO reconfigure its alliances? Which countries would you add or remove from NATO?

Do you support that NATO reconfigure its alliances? Which countries would you add or remove from NATO?

The point is that working on global disarmament will be more useful against War instead of getting more and more weapon and showing your teeth with each millitary war practice, you do.

Certainly NATO needs a make up. It first should boot out of its ranks countries loyal to Russia like Greece or Hungary.

Certainly NATO needs a make up. It first should boot out of its ranks countries loyal to Russia like Greece or Hungary.
Greece is the cradle of Western civilization, it needs special protection, if anything. I would never agree with Greece being removed. What about Turkey for supporting ISIS financially and allowing jihad fighters to enter Syria?

Greece is the cradle of Western civilization, it needs special protection, if anything. I would never agree with Greece being removed. What about Turkey for supporting ISIS financially and allowing jihad fighters to enter Syria?
Yep, Turkey really messed things these days. However I don't agree with special status for Greeks. You know, it really goes against democratic values they invented, the inclusiveness and equality in political system.

Greece isn't loyal to Russia. 60% of Greeks like Russia and would prefer an alliance with Russia because Russia is idealized in the minds of common people.
The country, irrespective of that (and irrespective of government changes), remains part of NATO and tries to be allied with Israel and Egypt, countries which are definitely not against NATO.

For me, Europe should have had its own military alliance, separate from NATO (and neutral towards US and Russia) but that's not realistic because it would need increased military spending.

Greece isn't loyal to Russia. 60% of Greeks like Russia and would prefer an alliance with Russia because Russia is idealized in the minds of common people.
The country, irrespective of that (and irrespective of government changes), remains part of NATO and tries to be allied with Israel and Egypt, countries which are definitely not against NATO.

For me, Europe should have had its own military alliance, separate from NATO (and neutral towards US and Russia) but that's not realistic because it would need increased military spending.

Amen.

Europe should make the other alternative pole,
either is doomed,

and as Greeks
we own to Russia, but Russia also own to us from 1780's and after
we own to USA, but USA also own to us, from WW2 and after,

Greece is the cradle of Western civilization, it needs special protection, if anything.

Did you educate in Armenia or Canada? I am wondering how do you get this idea?

Russia is not threat against Greece. Their relation always be positive. Also if Greeks are smart, they should also think to go out of NATO in the really Nato-Russia War.

Because in that kind of situation, they will be living in war line, they will take much more damage then West Europe.

What about Turkey for supporting ISIS financially and allowing jihad fighters to enter Syria?

Thinking about Turkey is capable of doing that kind of thing alone, needs lots of imagination.

*Israel, US and Turkey Profit from Stolen ISIS Stolen Oil
http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-us-and-turkey-profit-from-stolen-isis-stolen-oil/5504101

*How ISIS Oil Flows Through Turkey And Israel On Its Way To Europe
http://www.mintpressnews.com/211910-2/211910/

Second reason is that Europe desicion system is shitty.

This thread has been viewed 4448 times.

Back