Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
NW Euro
Y-DNA haplogroup
E1b1b/ E-V22
Did C.S. Coon it again? ;)

In his races of Europe (1948), he mentions on page 156 this:
' The Bell Beaker people who remained in the Rhinelands, however, came into intimate contact with the
Corded people, who had invaded from the east and northeast, and with the
corridor-tomb megalithic population to the north, whose domain extended
down into the Netherlands. These three, of which the Bell Beaker
element formed perhaps the dominant one, amalgamated to form an
Early Bronze Age cultural unit, the so-called Zoned Beaker people.'

With the following illustration:
Zoned Beakers (1).jpg
(excuse for the small format)

When I compare compare my aDNA results Dodecad K12 (aka dv3) with the Corded Ware and Bell Beaker results, I get roughly speaking a Bell Beaker result heavy influenced by Corded Ware.So indeed a Coonian "Zoned Beaker"? And I guess this is in the North Sea zone from the Netherlands into Southern Scandinavia the case. Especially Jutland was a Bell Beaker hotspot with relationships to the Dutch/German Bell Beakers.
AdmixtureNorthenerCorded WareBell Beaker
West European56,02%48.97%61.53%
East European14,23%21.05%8.94%
Mediterranean21,4%9.04%19.21%
West Asian6,6815.65%2.61%
Southwest Asian0,78%0.02%5.29%
South Asian0,62%5.27%0.01%
Southeast Asian0%0%0%
Northeast Asian0 %0%0%
Northwest African0%0%0%
East African0,13%0%0%
Neo African0%0%0.69%

It seems he considered this alloy as the basic Round Barrows Beakers people of Brittain and H.Hubert thought the same (possible proto-Gaelics for him).

It seems he considered this alloy as the basic Round Barrows Beakers people of Brittain and H.Hubert thought the same (possible proto-Gaelics for him).

That's the next part of the quote Moesan! '...who invaded England an Scotland as the first important carriers of metal.' (pag 156). That claim is not crucial for me, I'am more into the possibility of "zoned beakers' as a mix of corded ware and bell beaker. Fact or fiction?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 8428 times.

Back