What will be the most common Y-haplogroup in Europe in the year 2050?

Groninger

Reaction score

I was looking at the R1b map on eupedia the other day, andinteresting and admirably made as it is, I suddenly got the unpleasant feelingI was staring at a bag of cut off testicles. I mean, this is a historical map,a map of something disappearing. Today Europe is undergoing genetic changesunseen since the invasion of the Indo-Europeans. Let’s stop dwelling in thepast for a moment and look at the future. What is the new R1? What will be themost common haplogroup in Europe in the year 2050?

Excellent question. To make more accurate predictions, it would be important to understand which Y-DNA women find sexiest. This definitely calls for further investigation.

2050 is 33 years from now. I don't think we can see big changes, even noticeable changes, in one generation. By 2100 we might have designer babies, and blind natural selection won't "advance" humans no more. However, by this time success of R1 haplogroups should be deciphered by science.

I wouldn't take these kinds of predictions very seriously. Yes, there are more inter-racial relationships now than there were fifty years ago*, but there's a lot of self-segregation going on in "white America", and it crosses political lines. No matter the political orientation, the large majority of whites move to "white" neighborhoods and send their children to "white" schools, and date and marry other "white" people. That's particularly true for white women, as all the dating surveys show.

There's a certain amount of self-segregation among blacks as well. On college campuses you still often see the "black" tables, and they're almost always "self chosen", i.e. it's not that they wouldn't be welcome at "white" tables. In fact, it often bothers the white students that they do that. Black professionals often choose to live in "mixed" middle class neighborhoods also instead of heavily white upper class neighborhoods, even if they could afford the latter.

I don't mean to imply that people harbor racial animosity, or don't have friendships, and often very deep friendships, across "color" lines, because they do. I do myself; one of my three closest friends in the world is Jamaican. When it came to marriage, however, we both made very predictable choices. Although she could have afforded it, she also didn't choose to move into my neighborhood.

These things are complicated.

To bring this back to Europe, it seems to me that as in the U.S. there is some admixture going on, but it's been my impression that the great majority of the newcomers are isolated from the surrounding people as well as culture. The fact that they are having many more children than the "natives" is another issue. I would guess that if they can be more assimilated, those numbers would go down.

*The largest admixture in U.S. history occurred during slavery, and it involved white men and slave women, and the progeny of those admixtures went into "black" society, other than those among the heavily European admixed ones who could and chose to "pass". Thomas Jefferson's slave children were either quadroons or octoroons, and all but one pr maybe two seem to have chosen to "pass". The level of admixture seems to have gone down appreciably since then.

Europe will resemble Italy as a whole.

Don't forget, though, that the article is from Nat Geo, which is not really irrelevant with the whole "genetics" subject. I don't expect either the vast majority of Americans to look like the pictures, but we will progressively become more and more familiar with faces like these and we'll meet them more often.

Also, there is not only "black and white". The article mentions also East Asians, Arabs and Hispanics. I think especially the Asians are considered more "white" in terms of class and have integrated better or am I mistaken?

We have also the paradigm of the Jews, they are very well assimilated and the JewAmericans are now indistinguishable.

In any case, if it's not 2050, these pics are the future of the US. And racism there will vanish for sure.

Sent from my Robin

Last edited:
There is more intermarriage with Hispanics, definitely, but then Mexicans, for example, are around 50% European, and certain ethnic groups are even more European. Many Cuban Americans are, for example, virtually "white", with only a few percent of "other" ancestry. Even then, it's very much "class" dependent and location dependent. Other than for Cuban-Americans, some Venezuelans and Argentinians, there isn't all that much admixture in upper middle class or upper class areas on the east coast. There may be more inter-marriage with Hispanics in really heavily Hispanic areas. Hollywood is a situation apart.

In California there's definitely more inter-marriage with East Asians. I don't see it here except in rare situations. Most East Asians live in virtual "ghettoes", not in a socio-economic sense, but in a geographical sense. There are whole areas in Queens (one of the boroughs of N.Y.C.) that are now all East Asian, although they were formerly Jewish or Italian or Irish. Those people have moved out to the suburbs. I wouldn't say they are regarded as "white". One of the nicest boys in my daughter's class was the son of an Irish mother and a Chinese father, a very well respected doctor in our area. I saw him one day at the pool and happened to remark that he was a "catch": smart, good-looking, nice, kind personality. The woman sitting next to me said, yes, but he's half-Chinese. Wouldn't that bother you? No, actually, it wouldn't have bothered me, but it's not worth arguing with some people.

As I said, there's definitely more inter-marriage than there used to be, and will probably be more, but for now, there's an awful lot of self-segregation going on.

Oh, and other than some fringe nut jobs who are members of white nationalist groups I don't know anyone who wouldn't consider Jews "white".

Don't forget, though, that the article is from Nat Geo, which is not really irrelevant with the whole "genetics" subject. I don't expect either the vast majority of Americans to look like the pictures, but we will progressively become more and more familiar with faces like these and we'll meet them more often.

Also, there is not only "black and white". The article mentions also East Asians, Arabs and Hispanics. I think especially the Asians are considered more "white" in terms of class and have integrated better or am I mistaken?

We have also the paradigm of the Jews, they are very well assimilated and the JewAmericans are now indistinguishable.

In any case, if it's not 2050, these pics are the future of the US. And racism there will vanish for sure.

Sent from my Robin
I certainly hope so. You can check our stormy discussion on the subject here:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...the-world-mix-creating-one-race-in-the-future

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 4661 times.

Back