Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
At long last I have found time and energy to update the phylogenetic tree of Y-haplogroup R1a. There are now six separate trees (R1a stem, L664, Z284, M458, Z280 and Z93) instead of two. Like for the other haplogroup trees which I have updated in the last few months (all haplogroups except R1b), I have highlighted the main SNPs that define the major branches. I am only going to post the stem tree here so as not to clutter, and also because four of the other five trees are better seen in full screen by clicking on them.

R1a-tree.png

The Z280 tree could have been expanded further, especially under Y33, YP237 and YP340, which are three huge branches.

Under Y33 are a few deep clades that are about 2000 years old and are found Italy, southern France and Spain. They were most likely brought by the Goths.

1) Y2902>Y3226>Y3219>YP1144 : found in Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy and southern France.
2) Y2902>Y3994 : found in Sicily and England
3) Y2902>CTS11142 : found in central Spain
4) Y3301>L1280>FGC11555 : found in Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Greece, ex-Yugoslavia and northern Italy

One map of I2a subclades if you have enough information available would have been great for many of us interested

Thank you for this very informative tree. Do you have the Z93 tree please ? Thank you again.

thank you, nice to see YP1272 subcladeb on this phylogenetic tree

instead of analysing y DNA by a b c and so on why cant we analyse with previous race

Neanderthals - Europe
denisovan - Russia siberia
Homo erectus - india and sub continent
Homo habillus - african
Austrolopthics - south asian and autrolian

are major races some 4-1 million years

when modern humans migrated from africa they cross breed with above race and formed several new y dna.

according to me R y dna is a inter breed between homo erectus from india and neandertheals from Europe with modern humans from africa
this happened some 45k years ago but unfortunately some valcanic eruption happened around 39k years back destroyued almost all of them

SO R Y dna is homo erectus + neaderthaerls

This thread has been viewed 7806 times.

Back