Chronic Fatigue Syndrome IS a real illness

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See:
http://www.sciencealert.com/one-of-...just-got-destroyed?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

So much for doctors telling the people suffering from it, usually women, that it's all in their heads.

"But for decades, researchers have struggled to find an underlying cause, leading to an assumption by many doctors that it's 'not a real disease'. Now, Australian researchers have blown that myth wide open, showing for the first time that CFS is linked to a faulty cell receptor in immune cells.

"This discovery is great news for all people living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and the related Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), as it confirms what people with these conditions have long known - that it is a 'real' illness - not a psychological issue,"
said Leeanne Enoch, the Science Minister of Queensland - the Australian state that's supporting the research."

"The breakthrough came after researchers from Griffith University identified that patients with CFS/ME were far more likely to have single nucleotide polymorphisms - DNA typos - in the genetic code for certain cell receptor.
[FONT=&quot]This cell receptor is known as transient receptor potential melastatin 3 (TRPM3), and in healthy cells it plays a crucial role - transferring calcium from outside the cell to the inside, where it helps regulate gene expression and protein production.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But in several peer-reviewed papers published by the Griffith team last year, they showed that in CFS/ME patients, something seemed to be going wrong with TRPM3."

"In the latest study, the team looked at blood samples 15 CFS/ME patients and 25 healthy controls, and found that immune cells in chronic fatigue patients had far fewer functioning TRPM3 receptors than those of healthy participants.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As a result, calcium ions weren't making it inside the cell like they should be, meaning cell function was impaired."

Oh, and exercise, which has often been prescribed, makes you worse.
[/FONT]

I feel for everyone who has an illness that no one believes in and chalks said illness up to a lack of mental toughness or personaliy or some other crap. Mental illness is physical illness. The brain is part of the body. When it needs something it lacks, it can only improve through medical intervention. That's the reality that some people can't understand. They think it comes down to a lack of willpower or prayer. It isn't that simple.

But there probably several distinct causes for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I suffered from it for two years and it was apparently due to a persistent systemic mycoplasma infection. Mycoplasma are the tiniest known type of bacteria. They lack a cell wall, which makes it resistant to many antibiotics and difficult for the immune system to fight. Because they are so tiny they can get inside human cells, which makes it almost impossible for the immune system to spot. When bacteria infiltrate the body's cells, this typically leads to autoimmune diseases because the only way to kill them is to destroy the body's own cells. I tried antibiotics, which worked for a while, but the infection came back quickly. The only way I managed to get rid of it was through a combination of high dose of vitamin D (10,000% of RDI for several months) and colloidal silver (a universal antibiotic that doesn't have any side effects and doesn't cause resistance).

So much for doctors telling the people suffering from it, usually women, that it's all in their heads.
You would think that doctors would exclude that possibility from the beginning. CFS has a very low placebo response, which means that it is one of the least 'fancied' diseases, although a placebo would be a quite successful treatment if it were just 'in their heads'.
... immune cells in chronic fatigue patients had far fewer functioning TRPM3 receptors than those of healthy participants.
As a result, calcium ions weren't making it inside the cell like they should be, meaning cell function was impaired.
If the disease involves immunological, neurological and endocrinological (especially steroids) symptoms, a medic, if he were a scientist, would look for Kation channel issues (like the TRP family). But there is a problem - the diagnosis. While frequencies of the disease as low as 7 out of 100.000 are reported by the white robe community, self diagnosed ones are close to 3 percent.
... Oh, and exercise, which has often been prescribed, makes you worse.
Of course. You already have not enough kations for working on your synapses, and now you are using them up to the limit. It's known for many years that this therapy is a complete failure, but it's still the number one prescription.
Maciamo said:
But there probably several distinct causes for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. ... a combination of high dose of vitamin D (10,000% of RDI for several months) and colloidal silver... .
And here comes the wonder weapon - the hundred-plus-genes pusher vitamin D. If you are just a dumb pill prescribing doc and you just go for the symptoms, that's the first choice. Works on immune system, works on nerves, works on calcium take up and regulation, works on steroid production. It may not cure the disease, if it's genetic, but it definitely keeps down the effects of CFS.

Excellent information, gentlemen, thank you.

There is also this possibility :- http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/...-linked-with-differences-in-gut-bacteria.html

I also struggled for approximately 2 years with this condition. It is a huge frustration with the doctors as all I have seen told me its in the mind. Mine was so bad I had to quit work and if I wasn't financially stable and had support from my partner one can easily go down to ugly road of depression. I believe there needs to be much deeper work to find the causes as it could be more then just one source. My strong believe is that depilating effects of anxiety are not well known and when the body is in a fight mode for a long time working on extra adrenaline can harm the body in many ways we would not like to admit. Its ok for the body to stress, but distressing is also necessary. I was referred to a psychotherapist who although can be very expensive has really helped me to unknot all the situations (some of them I wasn't even aware of) that were contributing to the stress factor. This led me to take some drastic decisions to tackle head on the obvious 3 top stressors (which particular one I was in denial of). In the mind is not totally incorrect, but when a person is going through so much and feeling helpless its the last thing they want to hear. The mind makes conditions very physical so its very unkind and horrible for doctors to say something to the effect that you are imaging the symptoms. Depending how long the stressing factors have been going on in your body therefore effecting your mind then obviously your body and the damage caused, one can be relieved when the now conscious stressors will seem to be resolved one way or another feeling the padlocks on your muscle and nervous system getting released having proper rest and restore your body to a calm state. (Fight or flight situation should only be a temporary thing) In this fast world where instant gratification rules, people sometimes also turn to alcohol or recreational drugs for quick fixes and that in return can bring about many more problems.

I also truly believe that this can be a direct consequence of individualistic type of culture

This thread has been viewed 3606 times.

Back