Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Kurdish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a1a1
mtDNA haplogroup
HV2a1 +G13708A
Drawing recently discovered near Khomein show a person riding a horse with archery. Based on Dutch archeologists the drawings are 40,000 years old. If this turns out to be true then this would be oldest evidence of horse domestication.

40000%2Bold%2Bhunter%2Bin%2BIran%2Bon%2Bhorse.png

Horse Archery 40000 years ago amazing.

http://kurdishdna.blogspot.de/2016/12/archery-in-iran-horse-riding-in-iran.html

Do you have a link to the site where the Dutch archaeologists explain how they dated this?

Do you have a link to the site where the Dutch archaeologists explain how they dated this?

unfortunately, only a link to a site with more drawings. Some of them (those from Susa) are dated to 4000 BC however some other are dated to Paleolithic. And Palisto confirms that the dating is though as certain 40000 years old, he wouldn't claim this if he wasn't certain and I know he does has his contacts over there.

Here is the website. http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/middle_east/iran_rock_art/index.php

The drawing is from khomein which is near Yafte and Warvasi caves. Those drawings are dated to paleolithic times (38000 BC downwards) as written on the website too. While the drawings from Susa (Southwest Iran) are younger and dated to 4000 BC.

Wishful thinking Alan. ;)
This bow looks like composite bow of steppe bronze age. Someone wrote too many zeroes after 4. At 4,000 years everything makes sense. The composite bow and the horseman.

I think it would be difficult to ride a horse in 2,000bc

Seems like Seima-turbino people could not ride a horse at all:
kovtun-1-2014.jpg

I think ancient people started to ride a horse like this:
5.jpg

Moreover, Mounted archery would be a way far later. It is extremely difficult to be balanced on horse without stirrup, which Hun people had.
Artifact of Hun in Korea:
Earthenware_Funerary_Objects_in_the_Shape_of_a_Warrior_on_Horseback_%EB%8F%84%EA%B8%B0_%EA%B8%B0%EB%A7%88%EC%9D%B8%EB%AC%BC%ED%98%95_%EB%AA%85%EA%B8%B0_02.jpg

Wishful thinking Alan. ;)
This bow looks like composite bow of steppe bronze age. Someone wrote too many zeroes after 4. At 4,000 years everything makes sense. The composite bow and the horseman.

Nah LeBrok look at the website. It says those from Warvasi and Yafte caves are around 40000 years old (38000 BC). that is near the city Khomein. No one put a zero too much there ;). The Susa paintings are 4000 BC, thats still Late Neolithic/Bronze Age but from Susa .

Last edited:
Nah LeBrok look at the website. It says those from Warvasi and Yafte caves are around 40000 years old. No one put a zero too much there ;). The Susa paintings are 4000 BC, thats still Late Neolithic/Bronze Age but from Susa .

It is about ibex, not the horseman and even it is not about cave rock art. It is about huntting

Almost 90 percent of Iran's rock art consists of the ibex motif. The ibex for the prehistoric inhabitants of what is now known as Iran appears to have received the same apotheosis as the eland for the San in what is now known as South Africa. The ibex would have been a source of meat and secondary products such as horn and hide. Archaeological evidence shows that it was hunted in Iran from the Middle Paleolithic period onwards, at the Warwasi and Yāfte Cave (ca. 38,000-29,000 B.C.E.) sites where it was the dominant species represented. Studies of horn cores from the early Neolithic sites of Tappe ʿAli Koš and Tappe Sabz indicate that ibex were being hunted in the late 8th and 7th millennia B.C.E.

or I am loosing my mind :confused:

It is about ibex, not the horseman and even it is not about cave rock art. It is about huntting

Almost 90 percent of Iran's rock art consists of the ibex motif. The ibex for the prehistoric inhabitants of what is now known as Iran appears to have received the same apotheosis as the eland for the San in what is now known as South Africa. The ibex would have been a source of meat and secondary products such as horn and hide. Archaeological evidence shows that it was hunted in Iran from the Middle Paleolithic period onwards, at the Warwasi and Yāfte Cave (ca. 38,000-29,000 B.C.E.) sites where it was the dominant species represented. Studies of horn cores from the early Neolithic sites of Tappe ʿAli Koš and Tappe Sabz indicate that ibex were being hunted in the late 8th and 7th millennia B.C.E.

or I am loosing my mind :confused:

Whatever it is about the image above is from near Khomein (warvasi/Yafte caves) they are dated to Paleolithic you can read it there. THe only paintings that are dated to 4000 BC are from Susa.

"In the region of Khomein, there are many thousands of rock art sites, some of which have been dated to approximately 4,000 years old."

With all my respect, not the ONLY paintings that are dated to 4000 BC are from Susa.

I hope they search well and we find the truth.

"In the region of Khomein, there are many thousands of rock art sites, some of which have been dated to approximately 4,000 years old."

With all my respect, not the ONLY paintings that are dated to 4000 BC are from Susa.

I hope they search well and we find the truth.

rock paintings are hard to date
it is not because some of them are 4000 years old, that the mounted archer is also 4000 years old
mounted archery is not older than 3000 years

Moreover, Mounted archery would be a way far later. It is extremely difficult to be balanced on horse without stirrup, which Hun people had.

The Native American tribe of Comanches were horse masters and there are tales of witnessed feats by white soldiers that amazed them. The last main surrender of the Comanche "army" included a massive military maneuver. This maneuver was described by the US Army as two giant circles moving in opposite directions, designed for each Comanche to fire an arrow (traditionally) or gun while galloping past. The two movements confused the eye of opponents.

The preferred method of archery fire by the Comanches was to hook a heel over the top of the horse (no saddle or stirrup) and lean down in front and under the neck of the horse. They were able to hit targets while galloping and hanging behind the horse and peeking out below the front to fire an arrow. This made them nearly impossible to hit but caused high casualties to mounts. For this reason, the warriors each took multiple mounts to battle and they would run or catch a ride to the rear where the spare horse herd was and gallop back to battle.

Humans are surprising at their mastery of certain skills. It's no surprise that the Comanche were able to to this because their culture was built for it. Young males did nothing but practice riding and fighting skills. Females looked after the children, cooking, and the processing of buffalo. Processing a buffalo is very labor intensive and it puts perspective into the culture of the Comanche that this was women's work while men went back out to play at horses/war. I have read in a novel that a Comanche could have many wives and the value of the wife was determined by the number of buffalo hides she could scrape in a day.

So, if the Comanches could manage such feats I would imagine some other group may have in some other place and time.

This post is the perfect exemple, that when it comes to destruct eurocentric anthropologic theories, people become completely stupid.

This thread has been viewed 6253 times.

Back